Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Villainous Vince
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been running the Dunlaps for about 5k. They are smooth as butter and sticky as syrup. There is plenty of rubber left for another 2-3k. When the time comes, I will replace with the same.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Villainous Vince
Novice

Welcome TxCowboy. You won't be disappointed with this group. We welcome all with open arms.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:57 PM
TxCowboy
Road Captain

Thanks for all the great "Welcome to SA" comments, gang. Wife really enjoyed them too.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon. Hope to be on the road much more often come September.

Where do you all meet up and when?

Old 08-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TxCowboy
TxCowboy and wife reporting in!

Was a Texas rider previously but the Army and other parts of real life kept me out of state and off the bike for a few years.

Now "Army Retired" and in San Antonio (La Vernia area) plus the owner of a 2010 Ultra Limited!

Still getting used to the bike again after an 18 year absence (was on Electra Glide last) and looking to enjoy our great State of Texas to the fullest.

Used to road captain a lot for the Fort Hood area HOG and ABATE members so you'll probably see the wife and myself around town soon.
Always glad to welcome new riders to our little group! Can't wait to meet you guys and enjoy a ride in the hill country. It is truly a great bunch of folks that share a passion for riding, good food and conversation. I treasure every hour I get to spend with this group.

Keep an eye on this thread to find out where and when we meet up. We also have a social group on the forum, so sign in and let us know what you're up to.

Last edited by Starboard; 08-10-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:19 PM
xd.404life
Tourer

First off a great BIG HOWDY to TxCowboy and his wife! I echo what everyone else has said a great group of people to ride with. Second, for anyone interested the SA ride 4 troops is coming up on 28 AUG, I know group rides (esp large) is not everyones thing but this is for a great cause, 100% of proceeds go to the Fisher House at BAMC. site is www.saride4troops.org. Hope to see some of ya'll there, we can even form our own group within the group for those who want to, let me know.

Troy

Old 08-11-2010, 05:10 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome TxCowboy & Wife. As stated above more than welcome to join in on rides. They are a great bunch of Old Farts & ******* to enjoy an afternoon with.

Troy sounds like a good ride for a good cause. I know a few people that have gone thru BAMC's doors. They entered on a strecher not looking good. But with there help they survived to tell there tale another day. Will try to make this ride.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:09 AM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

A hearty "welcome back to Texas" to Mr & Mrs TxCowboy!!

Like the other Old Fart ******* said......keep an eye on this thread.

Sometimes we have 10 - 14 riders or so, and other times there are maybe as few as 4 or so.
We ALWAYS have a great time and welcome you and other riders to the group.
There are riders from all over actually, and it seems that most of our rides are "usually" in and around the good ole Hill Country.
The rides are usually on Sunday mornings and there are several meeting places but it seems that the "MAIN" meeting place is in Luckenbach.

If you watch the thread, I'm sure you will find someone that you can meet up with to ride to Luckenbach or other points along the way.
I live in Boerne and some of the riders from San Antonio meet there for the ride to Luckenbach where we socialize for about a half hour to an hour, and then we ride as a group to.........wherever for lunch usually!!

Looking forward to adding to the OFW list for sure........please come and join us.
See ya,
Ride safe all.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:51 PM
hondo1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey txrarebear,

How are you liking that new 2010 RoadGlide? You probably need to take her riding this weekend and let her meet her cousin, the 2009 big red RoadGlide.

The big red machine will definitely be running the roads of the hill country somewhere this weekend so let me know if you are going to get out. Even if you are not riding I may cruise through Boerne if you have time to meet me for 15-20 minutes as I am dying to see that beautiful machine.

Big Red

Old 08-12-2010, 08:04 AM
Villainous Vince
Novice

Sounds like a great ride. I will try to make it on the 28th.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:01 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hondo1
Hey txrarebear,

How are you liking that new 2010 RoadGlide? You probably need to take her riding this weekend and let her meet her cousin, the 2009 big red RoadGlide.

The big red machine will definitely be running the roads of the hill country somewhere this weekend so let me know if you are going to get out. Even if you are not riding I may cruise through Boerne if you have time to meet me for 15-20 minutes as I am dying to see that beautiful machine.

Big Red
Hey BR,
What little I have been able to ride it so far....I like it a lot!
(work has had priority over riding for sure).

There's a little wind buffeting, but I am working on that with a lower seat and lower wind deflector...... and windshield experimenting (not too many I hope!!).

I hope to get out to ride this weekend but I have a few cousins from New York and Lubbock stopping by my house real early Sunday morning for just a few minutes on their way back to Lubbock.
I may try to catch up with everyone if I don't get to meet up in Luckenbach (yeah RIGHT, with Mud, Mike and yourself leading that pack........I DOUBT THAT IS REALLY GOING TO HAPPEN!!!)......unless Wade can get me a "Get out of Jail free" card!!!!!.

You can stop by the house anytime for sure....maybe on your way back from Sunday's ride.
I just live a half mile from I-10 and 46 so it's not really out of your way.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and just maybe I WILL be able to ride Sunday!!
See ya, and if everyone gets to ride but me........ride safe.
Bill

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders