Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maskedstranger
I have finally arrived in San Antonio. I just need to get settled in and I will be ready for some weekend rides with you’s guys.
Welcome to the Lone Star State!

I've been on the road for weeks and just able to check in on the forum from time to time. I have only been home on a couple of weekends but I have been cruising the roads around Bandera - Leakey - Kerrville when I can.

We are planning a trip to Luckenbach this weekend, so we will be in range of most of you guys. Let me know what your weekend plans are and I will try to catch up with you.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:55 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Starboard
Welcome to the Lone Star State!

I've been on the road for weeks and just able to check in on the forum from time to time. I have only been home on a couple of weekends but I have been cruising the roads around Bandera - Leakey - Kerrville when I can.

We are planning a trip to Luckenbach this weekend, so we will be in range of most of you guys. Let me know what your weekend plans are and I will try to catch up with you.
Don't have any plans yet. Will see what happens. Have Fri., Sat., Sun off. I still would like to do the 3 Sisters. See what happens.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hell Yeah !!

Helz Yeah !! Found your thread today, while I was taking a break from work. Thought I would drop in and make my Mark in your thread. Would like to churn up some miles with you guys. Me and the Mrs aren't to wild about big pack riding, but sure enjoy riding. She is under Dr.'s orders not to ride for awhile...(but I'm not)....while she is getting re-alighned. We are planning on hitting the Green Chili Run this year, so she has to get cured before then.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by formike56
Don't have any plans yet. Will see what happens. Have Fri., Sat., Sun off. I still would like to do the 3 Sisters. See what happens.
Great choice! We rode the 337 (twisted sister) from Medina to Leakey on 3/29, but were short on time and took 83 back to Kerrville instead of taking 336. Everyone needs to make that ride.

Txmotofoto was set up about halfway between Vanderpool and Leakey. They took pictures of lots of riders, including us. We were there just after the Thunder in the Hill Country Rally was breaking up. Keep in touch.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:37 PM
formike56
Club Member

Originally Posted by Harpoonman
Helz Yeah !! Found your thread today, while I was taking a break from work. Thought I would drop in and make my Mark in your thread. Would like to churn up some miles with you guys. Me and the Mrs aren't to wild about big pack riding, but sure enjoy riding. She is under Dr.'s orders not to ride for awhile...(but I'm not)....while she is getting re-alighned. We are planning on hitting the Green Chili Run this year, so she has to get cured before then.
good you found us... this is a good forum. Gonzales ain't to far from me. I think I will be trying to ride the 3 sisters Sat. Start at Gruene HD @ 9:00 a.m. Leave there by 9:30 ..

Old 04-08-2009, 08:01 PM
maskedstranger
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by formike56
Bout time you got here... Oh by the way welcome. Are stationed in the S.A. area? Where did you find a place? S.A. is spread out. Takes a hour to from east side to the west side. Glad you made it.
yes I am stationed at FT Sam Houston, I sign in on Friday, this weekend we have our household goods being delivered there on post, so I am not available. Next weekend might be clear though, I will let you know.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:03 PM
maskedstranger
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

By the way, do I read the Texas laws correctly? Do I have to have turn signals in Texas??? Kinda ruins the whole less is more thing I have going on on the rigid.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:20 AM
formike56
Club Member

I got online read the law. To answer the question. Yes supposed to run turn signals. I had mine inspected last month. I only run rear turn signals. It hasn't been a problem with the LEO's.

Ft. Sam is a great base. How long are you stationed there?

Old 04-09-2009, 08:23 AM
formike56
Club Member

Here is what I read.

TRC §547.324.

TURN SIGNAL LAMPS REQUIRED.

(a)Except as provided by Subsection (b), a motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, or pole trailer shall be equipped with electric turn signal lamps that indicate the operator's intent to turn by displaying flashing lights to the front and rear of a vehicle or combination of vehicles and on that side of the vehicle or combination toward which the turn is to be made.

(c) Turn signal lamps:

(1) shall be mounted at the same level and spaced as widely apart as practicable on the front and on the rear of the vehicle; and

(2) may be included as a part of another lamp on the vehicle.

(d) A turn signal lamp shall emit:

(1) a white or amber light, or a color between white and amber, if the lamp is mounted on the front of the vehicle; or

(2) a red or amber light, or a color between red and amber, if the lamp is mounted on the rear of the vehicle.

(e) A turn signal lamp must be visible in normal sunlight at a distance of:

(1) at least 500 feet from the front and rear of the vehicle if the vehicle is at least 80 inches wide; and

(2) at least 300 feet from the front and rear of the vehicle if the vehicle is less than 80 inches wide.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I will be trying to ride the 3 sisters Sat. Start at Gruene HD @ 9:00 a.m. Leave there by 9:30 ..[/QUOTE]

Nope I'm not too far away 'bout 45min from San Marcos or New Braunfels. I like the Three sisters ride. But I can't make that this Saturday. I have family comin' in from all over...we are having our Easter get together on Saturday. I am thinking about an early morning run though...may show up at Gruene, just to meet you guys....if I don't pull that off, then next time.....I know you will be having fun ! I will keep watchin the thread for activities....

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders