Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by formike56
In Kennawick, Wa. Looking to find the dealer in Yakima. Starter switch crapped on me. I just replaced the day before I left. A Drag Specialties switch. Talked to dealer they have a stock switch. Now all I got to do is get there. See ya'll in the funnies
Awww chit !! good luck with the push start.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:18 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got switch fixed looks like **** but it works and it was a cheap fix. 23.00 $ and they had it done in under a hour.
Made it to Tacoma this evening @ 6:30 pm.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:08 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm out of here after work, next up nine fun filled days of vacation.
Rolling down I10 and off to Galveston for some cold beers, spicy seafood and more cold beers!
Y'all ride safe and have a good one, Oh and remember.........let the good times roll cuzz hangover's only last as long as you'll let em!

Old 07-16-2010, 07:46 AM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PureDeath
Rolling down I10 and off to Galveston for some cold beers, spicy seafood and more cold beers!
Y'all ride safe and have a good one, Oh and remember.........let the good times roll cuzz hangover's only last as long as you'll let em!
Have a good time Amigo.......ride safe and we'll see ya again soon!!

Old 07-16-2010, 07:50 AM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I got switch fixed looks like **** but it works and it was a cheap fix. 23.00 $ and they had it done in under a hour.
Made it to Tacoma this evening @ 6:30 pm.

Well enjoy your vacation.....sounds like you have been making good time.
You can always install the new genuine H/D (and I mean Hundred Dollar) switch, when you install those Carlini's!!
See ya when you get back.
T bear

Old 07-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ride safe (and have fun) on your journey! I'm sure you've thought of it already, but make sure you have a couple of cold beers to allow for the good times to roll. Take care, PD!

Old 07-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member

Galveston, Oh yeah !!! Stay away from back packs and stuff washed up on west Beach. Unless you want to find a bunch of white powder, like the lady did a few weeks ago....

Have fun and scope out some digs for the rally, near the strand.... I mean crawling distance. I feel like it's time to party like a rock star!!

Old 07-18-2010, 07:42 AM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Harpoonman
So who has 10 or so days of vacation they can do a roadtrip next year?

We seem to take a looooong time to finalize plans, so I thought I'd get the thought processes started.....

I'm voting for a Smokey Mountain, BlueRidge Skyway, Dragon.. run. Depending on what spring looks like, 2nd and 3rd week of June.. ??? No Iron Butt stuff... 350 to 400 miles per day.... If we do alot of sightseeing, then maybe 250miles on those days... whatcha think ?

I would really enjoy making a 10-day bike road trip! We should plan to meet up somewhere, for a nice long lunch, on one of these 'too damned hot to ride' Sundays and discuss ideas. Having never done a long road trip, I would enjoy the planning part.

'No Iron Butt stuff...350 to 400 miles per day' - easy for your butt to say! If I were doing the miles you and Mike do, I couldn't walk for a week. Maybe I just need another bike, say a Road Glide, an Ultra or possibly a Trike. Hmmmm.........

Last edited by Starboard; 07-18-2010 at 07:44 AM. Reason: I messed up, OK?
Old 07-18-2010, 07:48 AM
deepdownrov
Cruiser

A long ride would be awesome. We now have the well capped so it looks like I will finally get to get out of my offshore cage here in a few weeks for some time off. I am gonna make the first ride as soon as I get home. Have fun all and be safe.
Randy

Old 07-18-2010, 01:09 PM
rgarza925@hotmail.com
Stage III

stopped in Pedleton, Or. For the night. Wind was blowing like a fool today.
How's it going Mike? I'm sure traveling those long miles has taken it's toll on the rear end! Looks like you were well packed when you left. The scenery has to be awesome in that part of the US. Hey bud, be careful and drive safely! Be sure and bring some photos back with you.... Roland

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders