Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 07:13 AM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Harpoonman
Had a GREAT !! ride today. Met a great new member, Eddie A. Met up with Hondo1 in Medina, missed the rest of you *******... but a ****** gotta do what a ****** gotta do. Merdahl and his buddy Doug enjoyed the 3 Sisters. I arrived home at 8:30pm 510 miles... Now if tropical storm Alex will stay south, Merdahl will have a good ride to Florida.
Dammit, I wish I could have made the ride! That's what I get for trying to put 10 lbs of FUN into a 5 lb bag of RESPONSIBILITY. We were supposed to meet a Realtor at Boerne Stage road off I-10 at 8:00am, so I rode my bike. It was going to be a piece of cake meeting you guys by 8:45. But, they moved their offices over near the airport (we didn't know it). I didn't get home until after 10. I'm glad Red caught up with you guys, he left me a message and I gave him the proposed route. I hope I helped.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:43 AM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Starboard
Dammit, I wish I could have made the ride! That's what I get for trying to put 10 lbs of FUN into a 5 lb bag of RESPONSIBILITY. We were supposed to meet a Realtor at Boerne Stage road off I-10 at 8:00am, so I rode my bike. It was going to be a piece of cake meeting you guys by 8:45. But, they moved their offices over near the airport (we didn't know it). I didn't get home until after 10. I'm glad Red caught up with you guys, he left me a message and I gave him the proposed route. I hope I helped.
Dang it man ~ I don't know what to say to that? Other than ~ Yes you were helpful, and to the rest of the "cluster ____" you endured.....Bummer !

We will just have to try again.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:55 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I could have gone with you *******. I have been wanting to do the Sisters again. But work has priority over riding.

Getting ready for my vacation. More work more money to spend on junk...

Dang it man ~ I don't know what to say to that? Other than ~ Yes you were helpful, and to the rest of the "cluster ____" you endured.....Bummer !

Old 06-27-2010, 10:24 AM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Darn, would have liked to have joined in that fun ride for sure.
But, as some of the "other OFW's" explained.......other tasks needed more attention.
Had a wedding to attend yesterday afternoon, and I had to use the morning getting the yards and the house respectible for our "out of town family" visit mid week.

But, I'm glad that you guys all had a great ride.
Also a big welcome to the "New Riders".........and "too bad" for the others that had committments also.
Looking forward to meeting all of you, and seeing the rest of the OFW's again soon.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
See ya'll,
Txrarebear

Old 06-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Starboard
Road Master

The end result of the CF yesterday yielded positive results. We picked up some land near La Vernia, so you will have some riding company when you join up to meet the other ******* in a few months. The missus and I hated leaving the Floresville area 2 years ago to move to the city and soon we'll be living back in the area. Looking forward to having a buddy to ride with down to the southern spots. Good food down there. Glad you guys got home safe. 500 miles, damn!

Old 06-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Starboard
Road Master

Originally Posted by formike56
Getting ready for my vacation. More work more money to spend on junk...
Came to two conclusions from your post; you're looking forward to the PNW trip and the Ricors are junk. Did I read that right?

Old 06-27-2010, 10:18 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain

Came to two conclusions from your post; you're looking forward to the PNW trip and the Ricors are junk. Did I read that right?
Nah Brother..........I'm sure he IS looking forward to that trip........ but I think "junk" just refers to all the components and parts he is going to need to disassemble and reassemble the "bullet" in order to strengenthen the bottom end on his WG.

I know how he feels about those shocks......same as MOST EVERYONE ELSE that has them!
I rode with him and Mud a couple of weeks ago over some pretty hairy roads below the Dam along the Medina River.......he ain't parting with them.
I've got a set being built for Loretta and they should be in about two weeks from now.
I'm even thinking of ordering a set for Roxanne in order to do away with those air shocks and lines......so, I can understand working more.............. to pay for the extra "junk".
Ride safe.
Txrarebear

Old 06-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Starboard
Road Master

Originally Posted by txrarebear
Nah Brother..........I'm sure he IS looking forward to that trip........ but I think "junk" just refers to all the components and parts he is going to need to disassemble and reassemble the "bullet" in order to strengenthen the bottom end on his WG.

I know how he feels about those shocks......same as MOST EVERYONE ELSE that has them!
I rode with him and Mud a couple of weeks ago over some pretty hairy roads below the Dam along the Medina River.......he ain't parting with them.
I've got a set being built for Loretta and they should be in about two weeks from now.
I'm even thinking of ordering a set for Roxanne in order to do away with those air shocks and lines......so, I can understand working more.............. to pay for the extra "junk".
Ride safe.
Txrarebear
Just giving Mike a hard time. I was being sarcastic due to nothing but pure envy. I would love to have a set for the fronts and backs on my scoot. I think about those Ricors every time I am forced to make a quick stop and the bike pitches forward. Every time I see railroad tracks after a 400 mile ride, I think about those shocks.
I am heading up to Utah, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho in September, but I am taking a rental cage. More jealousy.

What we need is a special font that denotes sarcasm, such as sans sarc or times new ironic. Although it might be over-used with this group!

Old 06-28-2010, 08:01 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Wink

Just giving Mike a hard time. I was being sarcastic due to nothing but pure envy. I would love to have a set for the fronts and backs on my scoot. I think about those Ricors every time I am forced to make a quick stop and the bike pitches forward. Every time I see railroad tracks after a 400 mile ride, I think about those shocks.
I am heading up to Utah, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho in September, but I am taking a rental cage. More jealousy.

What we need is a special font that denotes sarcasm, such as sans sarc or times new ironic. Although it might be over-used with this group!
I think we ALL knew what you meant.
I just needed to post really, been a while and didn't want anyone thinking I didn't love you guys anymore!!
I was envyous also over those nice rides everyone else were taking recently....and I was stuck at home riding my "Lawn Chopper" and doing "honey-do's" around the house all weekend.
About the only thing I got accomplished on the bikes (that I wanted to do anyway) were stripping and painting the speedometer dash console for Loretta. She only looks like a M/C in the crudest sense of the word right now, got to start putting some of her back together here pretty soon (too many things going on at the same time right now).

Sarcasm fonts would get a real workout for sure on this forum......you got that right!

Ride safe and I'll catch up with you guys soon.
Txrarebear

Old 06-29-2010, 05:21 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn I leave ya'll alone for a day or two and this is what I get to look foward to..... 10 more days..... I ain't counting... 16 days off to explore the great PNW.

Anyone want to go?

Last edited by formike56; 06-29-2010 at 05:24 AM.

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders