Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Short ride this weekend??

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008 | 11:49 PM
donna.1965
Moderator "Queens Of The Road" Forum

fdatx2, we usually ride every other weekend (at least). If you can't make next week's ride, just keep your eye's opened for the next one.

Matt was actually crazy enough to join us on a weekend ride last week. That was a lot of fun!

You guys be safe tomorrow, and let us know how it went!

Old 09-13-2008 | 02:39 PM
fdatx2
Intermediate

It was a really nice ride, lots of bikes out this morning. Thanks Matt for letting me tag along.

Donna, thanks for the invite, I will make one of the upcoming rides for sure even if I have switch my schedule around a little.

Old 09-13-2008 | 03:18 PM
donna.1965

Glad you guys had a nice ride, and got back safely.

Looking forward to getting to meet you.

Old 09-13-2008 | 06:08 PM
donna.1965

Originally Posted by desertroamer
Dont mean to still the thread

Hey Joe can you give me a report back on the IronButt meeting. I will not be able to head that way due to having to work Saturday. I am all signed up and did my research so I think it should be pretty straight fowarded mandatory stops on the corners and gas stops in between. Should be fun. You got any idea how many will ride in the group yet. I will be heading up Fri afternoon goin find a motel close to apache junction. Any Ideas?
Desertroamer: Lucky thing you didn't come to the meeting... I think Joe and David got lost! They left here about 9:15 for a 10:30 meeting... it is now 4:00 and they aren't back yet!!

I wonder if I should be worried??

I think I'd worry more if they came home right away. I don't think Joe mentioned them riding after the meeting, but he probably shouldn't have to. I know him well enough!

Old 09-13-2008 | 06:44 PM
joe.1955
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by donna.1965
Desertroamer: Lucky thing you didn't come to the meeting... I think Joe and David got lost! They left here about 9:15 for a 10:30 meeting... it is now 4:00 and they aren't back yet!!

I think I'd worry more if they came home right away. I don't think Joe mentioned them riding after the meeting, but he probably shouldn't have to. I know him well enough!
We didn't get lost. Since we were in AJ anyway, after the meeting ended we rode up the Apache Trail until the pavement ended, then stopped in Tortilla Flat for a beer. Went to Saguaro Lake for lunch, then through Fountain Hills where we split ways at the 101.

Desertroamer, no substantial new information at the meeting. Just make sure to bring your receipt envelope. You have to log your gas stops on the outside of it and keep the receipts inside.

They did mention that the group (four of us) needs to decide before the ride what will happen if someone breaks down on the ride - whether to stay with them or leave them and complete the certification. He said most agree to leave the rider that breaks down. So far we decided we will all stop and try to make a quick repair if possble, but the group needs to ride on if repairs can't be made.

Old 09-13-2008 | 06:47 PM
dwe.61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by donna.1965

Joe didn't bring his GPS, funny thing, we just kept turning the wrong direction. Hope you all had a great ride.

Old 09-13-2008 | 09:39 PM
joe.1955
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2of2
I have my son as Joe indicated. I was thinking about a Sunday evening ride. Zoli and I went out 60 to Florence Junction and 79 south to Florence last Sunday. Stopped at the Riverside for a drink and came back the same way. It was nice and cool. I drop Braden off at 7PM and could be ready to leave by 7:30. We are planning on doing this again or something similar. Anyone want to join us?
Dean, you want to meet at your place at 7:30?

Old 09-14-2008 | 12:10 AM
2of2
Road Warrior

7:30 ay my place Sunday night sounds good. Anyone who wants to join us let me know.

Old 09-14-2008 | 09:51 AM
merdahl
|
Road Master

It was a nice ride yesterday, the weather was great. Everyone knew it too, lots of bikes out. Thanks for the company fdatx2.

So you guys are going to the River Bottom tonite? It would appear you will be there around 8PM?

Matt

Old 09-14-2008 | 10:17 AM
route2null0
Road Master

As long as I dont have any family obligations come up I should be good to go..

Originally Posted by merdahl
So far only 1 taker, the a$$hole. Route2null0, if you are still up for it, how about meeting at San Tan Flats at 630AM?

Matt

Quick Reply: Short ride this weekend??