Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Lone star rally 08

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 10:16 PM
ltmdl90
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lone star rally 08

Hello from Pa. I am looking for info on the lone star 08 rally. Good places to stay, sites, good riding, eats, etc. It will be a 1500 mile run for the wife and i, so any help would be great. thanks

Old 07-07-2008, 04:02 AM
BO13MWZ
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lone star rally 08

&nbsp\\;
A good starting point for information:
&nbsp\\;
http://www.lonestarrally.com/

Old 07-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LSR is a GREAT rally.&nbsp\\; Make a reservation NOW.&nbsp\\; Bikes pretty much take over the island that weekend, so most all of the hotels are biker friendly.&nbsp\\; Mine last year set up a bike wash area in the parking garage.

Woody's Bar on the east end of the island is a fun place.&nbsp\\; I like "The Spot" on the sea wall for a good hangout with a view and live music.

The rally will be in three distinct areas\\; on the sea wall, at the Strand, and along the wharf.&nbsp\\; Buy the $10 parking pass for the weekend.&nbsp\\; It's worth it.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-07-2008, 05:28 PM
ltmdl90
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it is a good time.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:22 PM
puddles13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

&nbsp\\;
OHhhhhhhhhh it is a good time!&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
*Last time I attended it was one of the rare times I really let loose.... ohhh it was an incredible time!*

Old 07-09-2008, 07:50 AM
harleeup
Intermediate

look into staying at the historic hotel wyndam galvez.4 star on the strand, yal have a safe trip down- lee

Old 07-18-2008, 07:15 PM
chepo06
Cruiser

YA THIS YEAR BE IN FOR TREAT!!&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; HE HE&nbsp\\; IT FALLS ON HOLLOWEEN!!!!!!!

Old 08-04-2008, 12:11 AM
speckfisher
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

&nbsp\\;This will be our first year to attend. Coming from Louisiana. Just booked our hotel. Hope the weather is good.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:22 PM
TXMikey
Advanced

Our first year as well.&nbsp\\; San Luis Resort is very nice, but expensive.&nbsp\\; Hilton is also good.&nbsp\\; Gaido's is a great seafood restaurant.&nbsp\\; It's a long-time fixture in Galveston, and not owned by Landry's.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:29 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

If you wanna lose the crowd awhile and take a ride...Topwater grille in San Leon (end of FM 517) is 20 minutes, on bay, great food, very reasonable and a variety of patrons. Lots of "locals". If you go try the torpedoes which are crap dressing stuffed jalapenos. (not very hot for you PA&nbsp\\;folks)&nbsp\\;Our tourist trap is Kemah boardwalk (35 minute ride up 146) is interesting place to hang out with food choices, amusement area, watch the boats etc. Don't go on Friday/Saturday night if you are escaping crowd. If you are looking for a change from seafood try T-Bone Tom's for BBQ just off boardwalk. I live in marina less than 5 minutes from&nbsp\\;boardwalk and don't even go any nearer it normally on weekend nights.. If there is interest, as the rally gets closer, I will post "alternative" routing from I 10. After I 10 anything will be more welcome. There are many more hotels built in last 2-3 years off I45 on both Bay Area Blvd and NASA 1 and it is 35 minute ride from rally and offers bonus of being close to Johnson Space Center and its associated SpaceCenter Houston. Clear Lake area is full of very good food places and bars...35-40 minutes and close to hotels above. I go to the rally area usually 1 full day and a half day and I have had enough paint jobs and booths. Note that many of smaller booths are cash only...onsite booth type food is quite expensive and often cash...last year $13 for sausage sandwich and lemonade for example.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; It is fun and weather can be in high 80's and humid or ?&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;& nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; John

Quick Reply: Lone star rally 08