Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Thunderbird H/D dealer in Albuquerque

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 02:57 PM
Heritage.Springer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunderbird H/D dealer in Albuquerque

Although I can find the humor in it some might not. Back in December '05 Chick's H/D in Albuquerque was sold to an outfit that had several other dealerships in Colorado and Florida.

Since then they have decided to change the dealerships name to reflect (I guess) the new ownership. Anyway, Saturday I, and the wife, had some running around to do and decided to stop in to see how, or if anything had changed. Since I get the monthly emails from the dealership I knew the name had changed and had told my wife that.

I'm looking at chrome stuff and she is looking at grandbaby clothes when she calls me over to check out a T-shirt. She said I thought you said the name was changed to Thunderbird Harley, I relied yep, that's what their email said. Well, she replied, why does this T-shirt say Sandia Mountain H/D. I go HUH!?!?!. So I ask the parts technician I thought ya ya blah blah. This is basically what he said. On a MOnday they decided to name the dealership Sandia Mountain and by that afternoon had orders into the T-shirt manufacturer with that logo. Several days later they (new owners) decided they wanted something a little different so Thunderbird Harley was born but by that time the Sandia Mountain t-shirts were made and being shipped.

Well, long story short. On any given day I can wear a differnet t-shirt from the same dealer with 3 different names and the Sandia Mountain on is sure to be a conversation starter ... .

I know . .boring but what the heck.

Old 01-31-2006, 03:07 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Thunderbird H/D dealer in Albuquerque

Hope they were at least on sale! Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-31-2006, 04:43 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

I haven't had a chance to get in there since the change in command, but have been looking forward to it. I wouldn't mind having a Sandia T just because it would be different. I'll try to pick one up next time we get down to see the Grandkids.

My pick for a name was Kokopelli HD but I guess that didn't fly. I really like the Kokopelli biker that Chick had on some of the stuff when he was the chief.

Regards,

Bill

Old 02-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Heritage.Springer
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: billnourse

I haven't had a chance to get in there since the change in command, but have been looking forward to it. I wouldn't mind having a Sandia T just because it would be different. I'll try to pick one up next time we get down to see the Grandkids.

My pick for a name was Kokopelli HD but I guess that didn't fly. I really like the Kokopelli biker that Chick had on some of the stuff when he was the chief.

Regards,

Bill

Well, Seeing how most of the time I'm a nice guy...... You want me to pick one up and send it to you? I go by twice a day(going to and from work). Don't recall how many there were. If not it's OK.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:42 AM
LRonHoover
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always got treated well the times I was in the area and stopped at Chick's.
I hope they keep things going under the new flag.

Old 02-17-2006, 03:10 AM
Maniac
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

So far so good. Everyone still seems to be there and spirits are good. Mad Mike is the only one that seems to have left.

Old 02-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Heritage.Springer
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Cool Dog

So far so good. Everyone still seems to be there and spirits are good. Mad Mike is the only one that seems to have left.

I stopped in last night on the way home from work, to pick up a couple of b'day presents for the wife. Chatted for a while with ***** (brain dead don't remember her name) she has net seen, or felt that the place was any different.

BTW - did ya pick up a Sandia Mountain shirt - -grin