Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Need some ride suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Bishop73
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Need some ride suggestions.

I'll be off the week of March 10-14 for spring break (damn I love working for a school district!!) and had planned on taking a ride for a few days. Well the wife has adjusted her schedule and invited herself on the ride. With that I need to adjust the distance I had thought about going on my own, planned to either ride to northern LA to visit family or just ride for 3 days and then come back. We'll probably need to travel no more than 4-6 hours from New Braunfels, at least no further than that for the return trip on the last day. I think we'd like to see some historic locations, great roads obviously and a decent bar scene for the evenings. We'd also like to see as many places as we can in our time on the road, we don't want to be tied to one location. Accomodations will have to be a hotel/motel, I don't think we'll be up for any camping on this trip. So let's hear about some of your favorite rides and places to see and hang out, I know you all have some good ones.

Rob

Old 02-28-2008, 03:46 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Need some ride suggestions.

If you are going to N Louisiana, an overnight in Jefferson at one of the historic hotels might be good. Also, Auntie Skinners restaurant/bar is just down the street, antique shopping for the wife etc. FM roads up that way are excellent.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:08 PM
SpursDarkrider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you can always do the bandera , leakey, rocksprings junction ride, nice motels in junction, nice places to eat and drink on the circuit.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Pulchritude
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Head to Alpine and stay at Antelope Lodge, very biker friendly. Enjoy the nightlife at the historic Railroad Blues. Ride the triangle, Alpine to Marfa to Fort Davis to Alpine. And also ride to Big Bend and take the #1 road in Ride Texas from Study Butte to Presidio.

And while you are in Alpine, be sure to stop by TransPecos Guitars for a visit with Mark Pollack. He is a great guy who grew up with the likes of Stevie Ray Vaughn and Doyle Bramhill and will share some great biking stories with you.

And if you want some company, I'll try to ride down from Midland and guide you!

Old 02-29-2008, 10:30 AM
wjvins
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pulchritude

Head to Alpine and stay at Antelope Lodge, very biker friendly. Enjoy the nightlife at the historic Railroad Blues. Ride the triangle, Alpine to Marfa to Fort Davis to Alpine. And also ride to Big Bend and take the #1 road in Ride Texas from Study Butte to Presidio.

And while you are in Alpine, be sure to stop by TransPecos Guitars for a visit with Mark Pollack. He is a great guy who grew up with the likes of Stevie Ray Vaughn and Doyle Bramhill and will share some great biking stories with you.

And if you want some company, I'll try to ride down from Midland and guide you!
Thanks for sharing and being in San Antonio, would like to hear the ride report if you do it. Was looking forward to do similar ride next year.

Done trip to Big Bend ina cage...Know it will be 10 times better on the bike..

Walter

Old 02-29-2008, 11:56 PM
BO13MWZ
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to check this website.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/

Hope it works for ya.
Bo