Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Moving To Houston

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 09:21 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: Moving To Houston

Ditto on most of the above...schools are just about all first class outside of Houston itself. When you start looking seriously for houses be sure to actually try the commute during peak hours 6-9 AM 3:30-7:30 PM. Life will pass you by while you commute more than a few miles. Since you are now living here you are all grown up and figured most of it out yourself anyway. John

Old 05-02-2008, 08:53 AM
g4meDTP
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Moving To Houston

If your still reading this, I have been in Houston for almost 40 yrs. Have lived on most sides worth living on.

House hunting - www.HAR.com - Have not found a better site in the country
Weather - Corpus Christi was the only place I found more humid, but thenI have never been to Vietnam.
Traffic - Plan for it. Live oppsite direction for main commute (live in-town, work out of town) if possible. After a while an hour + commute gets annoying no matter how good the riding or schools are (long commute = less time for family & riding anyay).

Side of town to live on - That depends on aLOT of things that I do not know. If you are going to go back an forth to San Antonio a lot, then Katy fills the bill for Schools (Katy ISD), Access to SA,areas to ride, easy access to CyFair ISD, and positive home value increase.
NW is a good placefor riding andI end up there most weekends, butthe commuteis a bitch (assuming you work in-town).I-10 is no picnic right now, but it is over halfway through the expansion project. 290 has not even started.

My 2 cents

Old 04-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Subsea51
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went thru the same process you did 4 years ago. I live in cy fair and we are very happy. Schools are very good, particularly compared to south Florida. But, in talking with friends I hear good things about Katy and Klein's schools. NW is great access to good biking, north and west. Give strong consideration to where you work, you have to do that ride everyday.