Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

willow city/ luckenbach and beyond

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Ratbasturd
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: willow city/ luckenbach and beyond

I will see you guy there in the morning.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:24 PM
JW
Road Captain

Al ya might try pullin the plugs and give em a shot of brake cleaner might just be some water on the back plug. hope it's not a plugged injector.[:@]

Old 01-04-2008, 07:39 PM
TexasRanger
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey JW - Could I suggest another lunch spot? This is your ride, but my wife has issues with the feedlot there (I know, I know...). My suggestion would be the Alamo Cafe, down by the Old Tunnel Wildlife Area. It's just a couple of miles southwest of Luckenbach and they have great food and cold beer. We could still go to Luckenbach for some brews and tunes afterwards.

Your call, if you don't wanna do it I'll make her pack a sandwich.

Terry
[/align] [/align]

Old 01-04-2008, 07:41 PM
AustinRider
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: JW

Al ya might try pullin the plugs and give em a shot of brake cleaner might just be some water on the back plug. hope it's not a plugged injector.[:@]
Yea, I just pulled the plugs... they look like they been running rich but that does not suprise me nor would it account for what is happening. I also checked the back cylinder for fire and it appears to fire just fine. But when I start it up it sounds like the back cylinder is not firing. It also appeared that there was gas in the back cylinder... turned it over with both plugs pulled... so I'm not sure if it could be a plugged injector but that is a possiblity.

Another member suggested that maybe I didin't get all the fuel out and that there was water in the bottom of the tank. That is where it would settle. He suggested re-draining and running fresh gas through the line, then putting in some "dry gas", then refilling.

I really want to figure out what the problem is and not just try a bunch of different things so I am going to have to sleep on it and tackle it in the morning while you guys are eating tacos and riding...

later,

Old 01-04-2008, 08:56 PM
JW
Road Captain

Terry,

great idea, havent eaten there, and just as a FYI theres another cool diner out at the airport in Fredericksburg. I had just suggested the luckenbach spot just to make it easy.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Beeracuda
Road Master

Man I wish I could make the trip with you guys. I have been watching this and wanting to.

The first thing that happened was a lowbattery this morning. I came home and the bike fired right up.

No biggie, but right now, I have a major plumbing problem...well not me, the house. Both of the damn toilets are backing up. I don't know when I can get a plumber out here and won't know until too late to leave. I am trying to get someone to house sit, make the call for meand wait on them... We'll see how that works out.

I would need to leave the house by 7:30 to meet up with you guys at 71 and 281 by 9:30...

Who knows, maybe it will work, or I'll have to go to the truck stop for a day or two...

Old 01-04-2008, 11:30 PM
TexasRanger
Road Warrior

cool. The only change to the route is that once we get to Luckenbach we will go left on Grapetown Rd. and then left on Old San Antonio Road. To leave we can go further south on Old San Antonio to 473 towards Sisterdale. That should get us back on route.
Here's a map.

See you manana.

Terry
[/align]

Old 01-04-2008, 11:31 PM
beerguytx
Cruiser

im in and looking forward to meeting yall tomorrow.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Bishop73
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn, I'd like to make this one. We picked up a Street Bob today (traded the Sporty) and I'm trying to get it ready for 2 up riding. So, at this point I won't be ready in time to meet you all. Rest assured that I will be ready for the next one, and my wife will be able to come with me for once!!

Old 01-04-2008, 11:40 PM
TexasRanger
Road Warrior

congrat's on the streetbob! I test rode one with a 103 in it and boy was it sweet. Just something about good horsepower and lightweight that makes them fun to ride. [/align]

Quick Reply: willow city/ luckenbach and beyond