Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

willow city/ luckenbach and beyond

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 01:57 PM
lolife
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: willow city/ luckenbach and beyond

Looks like fun................. . . .However I cant go........... . ..I fired somebody this week....... . What a way to start the year.......... . .anyway Ive got to pick up call....... . .so Im out on this one............ . . . ..yall be safe and have fun.......... . . .see yall on the next one........... . .

Old 01-04-2008, 02:09 PM
AustinRider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ratbasturd

Here is the route on Google Maps.......

Link to map

To get the "google map" link to a map you made start by clicking on the "Link to this page" in the upper right hand corner and copy the highlighted address.

To get the google maps to post without the long address, type in some words then highlight them as if you were going to copy them.

Now click on the add url/link button and paste in the address copied from google maps hit OK and your done.
Thanks for the help Russ,

The problem I was having was saving the work I had done. I saved the map under a name but later lost the whole thing even though the "saved map" was still there... i.e. the route and destination points vanished. I never got to the point of linking it to a message here...

Old 01-04-2008, 03:43 PM
JW
Road Captain

Al looks like yours is fine. no need to put in a stop at harry's its right where willow city loop is we rode right by it last time.

Terry, was planning on hitting luckenbach at or right before noon, dont know if that gives ya enough time to relax and eat before ya head back to the casa.

we can meet at the Exxon at 71 and hamilton pool rd, kickstands up at 9am that should give us plenty of time to do the willow loop and get to luckenbach a little before 12.

we are probably gonna hit Rosie's tamale shack it's on the south side of 71 100 yards west of 71 and 620. a little after 8am they make the best breakfast tacos I've ever eaten.

here's my cell 512-695-0895 if ya need it

Old 01-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Ratbasturd
Road Master

ORIGINAL: JW

no joy gonna have to make another one up and try again
?????[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 01-04-2008, 04:06 PM
JW
Road Captain

bump see my last post

head count!!

Old 01-04-2008, 04:43 PM
TexasRanger
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So this is tomorrow on Saturday 1/5/2008??
I need to leave my house by 8:00 am....[:@] I usually don't get up till 8:30 am.

I don't think we need a GPS for this one.

Ok, see ya'll there and I'll be bringing the Mrs with me this time.

TE
[/align] [/align]

Old 01-04-2008, 04:45 PM
JW
Road Captain

cool Terry, DJ will be happy to hear that.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:16 PM
AustinRider
Cruiser

Well it doesn't look good for me - I drained the gas and purged the lines then added a gallon or so of fresh premium from another source and my bike still sounds like crap.

I don't know what it could be. I figured for sure it was bad gas since it started after filling up.

I going out to take a closer look at it. Nothing has been done to it so it is strange that it would suddenly start doing this.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:39 PM
JW
Road Captain

that sucks Al, hope ya find the problem.

I'm pretty familiar with the route, getting lost wont be a problem. Only difference in the route I was planning is head north on crabapple rd out of kendalia from 473 it comes out just west of blanco. It does have a water crossing though, if it looks too bad we can always double back and take old blanco rd into blanco.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:19 PM
AustinRider
Cruiser

I went out and picked up some Lucas per TR's suggestion and dumped it in the tank with some more gas, then let her run a bit... no better at all.

It sounds like the back cylinder is not firing. Don't know what would cause that. I checked the plug wire and didn't see anything there. I also put another post up in one of the Tech forums and in the Touring forum to see if anyone has any thoughts. I don't want to driver 'er the way she is and don't want to have to take 'er to the dealership...

I e-mailed my GPS route file to TR so you guys can use it if you want. It includes Old Number Nine out of Luckenbach and Crabapple Road up to Blanco. It also follows the river and the park into Blanco, includes a fuel stop in Blanco and follows River Road for a short bit coming out of Blanco.

Y'all enjoy the ride. I'll catch ya next time 'round.

Quick Reply: willow city/ luckenbach and beyond