Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Looking for Texas ride info

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Blackmouth
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for Texas ride info

I love the TX coast, but mostly for the memories I've made there. It isn't that great of a ride compare to so many other spots in the Lonestar State.

Compared to the beach/coastline you've got back homein WA I'd agree with those posting their suggestion to stay in the hill country for your rides.

If your only reason for going to Galveston/Corpus is a joy-ride, your time is MUCH better served staying in/around the New Braunfels area. Llano, Kerrville, Bandera, Leakey, and other such towns have the best riding in TX surrounding them.

I'm not knocking the TX coast because I go down there EVERY year and havea GREAT time. But, I live in San Antonio so I ride the Hill Country regularly. If I had only a week or two here (and know what I know about the ride to the coast), I'd hang around the Hill Country and not worry about riding to Corpus/Galveston.

I'm all in fora meet-up to show DUBLAA some TX hospitality. All those rides mentioned here (3 sisters, River Rd, etc) sound good to me.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:32 AM
DUBLAA
Advanced

Hey Everyone, Thanks for all the replies and suggetions. I think I will bag the coast.Sounds like the hill country is the place to ride. It would be great to meet up with anyone who wants to burn some gas and show an outta towner around. I willpost up and reply to the emails with my firm dates of travel in the next day or so ,but it looks like I will arrive in SA on Sat. afternoon thenbe visiting friends (non riders)in NB on Sun 2/3 then, Mon 2/4 thru Thurs.2/7 its wind in the face.
Thanks Again, Aaron

Old 01-05-2008, 09:16 AM
DUBLAA
Advanced

Update.
OK, I will arrivein San Antonio on Sat. 8/2. Plan on riding over to NB Sun. morn and doing the river road and possibly the 32/ devils backbone rideBISHOP73 mentioned. Then Monday thru thursday is open. I like the sound of the three sisters ride. I am ready to make some firm plans if anyone is intrested in meeting along the way.
AAron

Old 01-05-2008, 09:54 AM
AustinRider
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: DUBLAA

Update.
OK, I will arrivein San Antonio on Sat. 8/2. Plan on riding over to NB Sun. morn and doing the river road and possibly the 32/ devils backbone rideBISHOP73 mentioned. Then Monday thru thursday is open. I like the sound of the three sisters ride. I am ready to make some firm plans if anyone is intrested in meeting along the way.
AAron
I am definately interested in making this ride with you and I am sure there are several others that may be as well. Its a few weeks out so now is a good time to start talking it up.

I'm not sure if I will be clear to go. I'm going into the hospital for a procedure on the 18th and will be in for a few days. I'll have to see how long the doctors allow before they clear me to ride again and I won't know that for sure until I am checked in or am checking out.

I'm sure we'll get some interest though. There are others making a ride this morning that I had to miss because I am having bike problems. I'll be sure to talk it up to them...

later,

Old 01-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Bishop73
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I will ride with you all as much as I can when you get down here. I can probably get at least 2 others to tag along too. I'm not the greatest at planning routes so if someone else wants to throw out some ideas that'd be great. Now that I've got the dyna it'll be easier for me to make some longer rides.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You deffently mad the right choice to stick to the hill country.I sure wish I could ride with you but It being during the week,I'd have to pull some tricks to get that done.

Check out this video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq6t5UYc5W4

Old 01-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Modify
Novice

Nice video. I just did medina, 337 Leakey, Banderathis weekend. These are some sweet roads and highly recommended. 336 is also sweet.

ORIGINAL: Harley Rulz

You deffently mad the right choice to stick to the hill country.I sure wish I could ride with you but It being during the week,I'd have to pull some tricks to get that done.

Check out this video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq6t5UYc5W4

Old 01-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Ratbasturd
Road Master

Here's a route that's not bad......

Start in SA (A), head to Luckenbach (B), then over to the Salt Lick BBQ (C), then head back towards SA. (D).

Google Map Link

Old 01-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Bishop73
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

That is a nice route. Only change I would make is to head back into NB via River Road rather than 306.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Ratbasturd
Road Master

Changed it, that does look like a nice ride.

Quick Reply: Looking for Texas ride info