Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Southwest ride

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Joe376
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Southwest ride

Ok, its a rough outline and the HD site wont share the ride plan without entering everyones e-mail. So, I did a quick screen print. The roads and stops are all undecided right now and of course the roads and stops in AZ would be dictated by the rally. So. This is just an overview of what I was thinking. Just in case anyone was interested. We got a while before anything has to be final.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:00 PM
TexasRanger
Road Warrior

Actually if it's not to late to make a suggestion, I'd like to start at the Grand Canyon and work back towards Tucson. That way at the end of the ride maybe there are some adventurers out there who would be interested in running with me from Tucson down to San Carlos for a couple of days of fun in the sun, Mexican style....Bring your passport!
Terry

Old 11-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

What ever route Bill and Peekaboo figure out you know it'll be a hoot. Last summers ride just about wore us out and I like the new plan with more time at the end of the day. Heck, we didn't even have enough timeto tear up any towns last year.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:42 PM
TexasRanger
Road Warrior

Ya'll put in a bunch of miles. Me, BryanTTM, and TexasClassic06 shortened it up bit. Shoot one day I only clocked about 50 miles on the boat and another 10 or so on the whitewater raft. Of course we had all ready put a little over 1200 miles just getting to the starting point!

Old 11-22-2007, 02:06 PM
392heminut
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Joe376

Ok, its a rough outline and the HD site wont share the ride plan without entering everyones e-mail. So, I did a quick screen print. The roads and stops are all undecided right now and of course the roads and stops in AZ would be dictated by the rally. So. This is just an overview of what I was thinking. Just in case anyone was interested. We got a while before anything has to be final.

That route takes you right through were I live, Deming NM, which is 55 miles west of Las Cruces NM. If you want to spend a little time in this area I can take you on a great 3 hour ride through the Gila Wilderness and into the Black range. You could start the ride in the morning and still be in Tucson in the evening!

Old 11-22-2007, 09:28 PM
mikedetejas
Road Captain

Would be very interested in making this ride depending on the date.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:24 PM
TXPOPEYE
Tourer

I could go for this but I would be coming from houston so would have to meetyou along the way

Old 12-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Joe376
Cruiser

Ok, as of now, the dates would coincide with the SW mini rally (per billnourse). Im guessin that will still be around the beginning of June. Ill be leaving out of Dallas and depending on who would like to meet up, plan the ride to do so. Its probably a little early now but so far, Im planning on heading south toward Austin and San Antonio before heading west to NM and AZ. If anyone is interested, a ride with 392heminut on the way sounds really cool too.

Mikedetejas, the date would be close to June ’08. I haven’t looked yet but Im sure if there isn’t yet, a flyer will be around for the SW mini rally. I hope to plan around that.

Txpopeye, we could work pretty much anything out. I hope to take a few weeks off and have a lot of free time to ride wherever. : )

392heminut, that does sound like an excellent idea and appreciate the offer. Hopefully we can get something set up the closer we get to the date.
So, I guess its all up in the air right now until we get the rally dates.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:28 PM
mikedetejas
Road Captain

Joe376, June sounds like a winner to me. In Conroe here, so could meet up somewhere in San Marcos or SA

Old 12-10-2007, 11:22 AM
392heminut
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Joe376

If anyone is interested, a ride with 392heminut on the way sounds really cool too.

392heminut, that does sound like an excellent idea and appreciate the offer. Hopefully we can get something set up the closer we get to the date.
So, I guess its all up in the air right now until we get the rally dates.
Joe, or anyone else interested, just send me a PM and we'll set it up.

Quick Reply: Southwest ride