Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Fredricksburg, Texas noise ordinance

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:21 PM
sargek
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fredricksburg, Texas noise ordinance

Well said TexasRanger. I have no issue with loud Harleys at all - I love the sound, always have and always will, but I do understand why the folks up at Fredricksburg are doing what they are doing. I have a feeling this isn't a widespread thing though - cops here in San Antonio probably have way too much else to worry about than loud bikes. I know a kid at work who has a loud crotch rocket and has gotten pulled over for noise. He's 20-something though and kids on crotch rockets tend to do stupid things, so maybe the cops watch for them. I've ridden here in SA with loud pipes for nearly a year and had no issues whatsoever - even ridden by cops doing speed checks in my neighborhood when I had my Big Radius's on and they didn't stop me. Point there being that I ride safe and sane and don't blast the throttle or weave in and out of traffic.

Guessing a Fat Cat is a bit loud, eh?!

Old 11-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: oldgeezer

I'll probably get flamed for this comment, but I can't blame the city for their actions. I've walked around town tons of times and there are too many morons on bikes that feel like they have to rack their pipes whilst idling down the street. Sorry, but bikers messed in their own mess kit on this one.
Well said, a little common sense goes a long ways.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:45 PM
TexasRanger
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know how loud they are. I will get the quiet baffle as it makes more torque according to Phil, but I imagine it's still going to be pretty loud. I just don't want obnoxious noise. Give me a nice low deep growl that barks when you get on it!

Old 03-12-2008, 03:11 PM
drivermrp
Advanced

Anyone experience any problems in Fredricksburg? I have V&H 2 into 1, with the baffle in place, but they are still loud. I am looking at heading that direction and making a couple of day trips around the area. Fredricksburg seemed like the best place to stay. Do I run a chance of getting a ticket?

I do ride with common sense. But I also tested and I run about 75 desiblels at idle.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

I bet my SideShots are that loud. They have the stock baffles and a slash-out cut. I'll be riding through F'burg again in late April on my way to the Gathering of the Guard. The "enhanced enforcement" was in place when I rode through there last year and undoubtedly will be next month too. I'll just lug it in town, avoid engine braking, fly my 11"x14" PGR flag, and hope for the best.[8D]

Please let us know how it goes for you.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:19 PM
JW
Road Captain

bout all you can do is use a light right hand , short shift, and clutch when slowing down and stopping. I dont think they are trying to run off the bikes, just the throttle monkeys. If ya see a patrol car pull in the clutch and coast by.

there's a couple of B&B's in Luckenback

Old 03-13-2008, 05:35 AM
benman
Road Captain

Obviously they don't want to run off what is a big part of their economy but I'm sure they figure the 10% or so that like to "show off" won't be a great loss.We ride thru there 3-4 times a year and"show offs"been gettin worse, but none of the group of 15-20 bikes I roll with have had any problems, 'cept for 1-2 who will soon be having probs if they keep it up.
Funny how that math worked out, 1-2 out of 15-20 like I said 'bout 10%.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:20 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

Heard on the news the other day here in San Antonio they are voting on a noise ordinance for loud car stereos. Finally! But...they also mentioned other "general" noises and although they didn't specifically mention motorcycles, of course the media had to through a shot of a guy on a Harley pulling away. Funny thing was his bike wasn't even loud.

Rode through Bandera on the way home from Leakey today and a couple of numbskulls behind me on metrics with drag pipes were wrapping on the throttle while waiting for a light. Nothing like a few bad apples...