Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Southern California trip in March

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 07:52 PM
TucAzRider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Southern California trip in March

Looking for some assistance in planning a weekend trip toward the end of March. Planning on going for three days leaving out of Arizona. We would like to camp and see some of the beauty California has to offer. I would prefer staying out of the metro areas if possible. Help!!!

Old 02-24-2015, 11:40 PM
JustOneDean
Road Warrior
Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

If you come in on I-10, Joshua Tree's nice. From there, go a little farther west and then directly south into the mountains, to Idyllwild. Once you get up there, there's awesome riding in just about every direction.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:21 PM
TheEssence
Intermediate
Default Sequoia Forest

Hopefully you'll be able to go to the link. This is a trip report I wrote up from when I started in Fontana, CA and rode up through the sequoia forest, camped a few days, then headed over to Monterey for the MotoGP race at Laguna Seca. One of the top trips I've ever taken. Let me know if you have a specific area you're wanting to ride or stay in, or where you're wanting to ride, or what you're wanting to do. I've lived down here, and have done riding from LA down to San Diego. I'll give whatever input I can for you.
http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=101970 -Sequoia Forest to MotoGP Trip Report

Old 03-10-2015, 06:26 PM
TucAzRider
Tourer

I was able to open the link and read your report. That's a little farther north than I will be able to go in the time allotted for the trip. What do you have for suggestions from San Diego north.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:41 AM
TheEssence
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TucAzRider
I was able to open the link and read your report. That's a little farther north than I will be able to go in the time allotted for the trip. What do you have for suggestions from San Diego north.
If you're just wanting to stay in San Diego, then I would head out and ride through Julian, Anza Borrego (Banner Grade and Montezuma's Grade), and back through the 76 or 78. If you let me know where you'd like to start and end up, I would be glad to suggest some places or even a route to take.