Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Lonestar Rally, Galveston

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 09:46 PM
RoadkillRon
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lonestar Rally, Galveston

<<<We stayed at Seascape last year and you will like the place. Rollingtiger did set up a meet & greet and I was one who said "I'll be there." Circumstances beyond our control prevented it. I will take up the gaunlet and start one this year. Two of my favorite places there are The Spot and Woodrow's, but both get really crowded. I don't remeber the place where everyone met last year, but if ya'll think it worked out, then maybe we could meet there. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated and I will post often to see about getting this going.>>>

I like Woody's but your right about being crowded, Ill meet you guys for a drink - just let me know where your all meeting.
RoadkillRon

Old 08-15-2007, 10:41 PM
barefoot1313
Tourer

lookin forward to it didnt go last year,gonna keep an eye on this thread be great ta see some a ya'll there.short ride for me galveston is just across west bay from me.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Ratbasturd
Road Master

I thought about going this year but after a trip down to Galveston I can't see the attraction. It's an Island their is nowhere to ride except around town or back out the same roads you rode in on, just to get to long coastal roads that go straight for miles.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:25 AM
atexn4christ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have stayed at the Casa Del Mar maybe 20 years ago. Being used to Motel 6's it was The Ritz to us. Any cheap places to recommend in Corpus,?
ORIGINAL: afosterus

Don't know much about the place you have reserved but no matter where you stay, the rally is still a blast. We have been staying different places each year.....on the beach, Casa Del Mar, Blimp Base, State Park. The bunch I run with just hangs out and waits to see what the "Queen of Cheap" (that's me) comes up with. They all know it doesn't matter where we stay, I am gonna make sure I have a good time and so will they. So far the Blimp Base and the state park have been thier favorites & in that order.

Anyway, keep watching the forum for someone to start a thread about a meet and greet. We had one there last year. The few of us that showed up had a really good time.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:43 AM
capt945
Tourer

So far two of us from New Orleans are going we will leave on 10/31/07 and this is the first time for both of us. We may have a couple of more guys from our firehouse going but for now its just two. We were lucky to find a room with 2 beds at the American Inn and Suites in Galveston by the time we found out about the rally all the close hotels were booked. So looking forward to going and hopefully meeting up with some of you from the forum.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:57 PM
bdgreen
Banned

It looks like last years meeting place is the best spot to hit. I'm probably spelling this wrong, but I believe it's Beaudreuax's. The manager is checking to see if we can reserve a special parking area for forum members, but it will depend on the number of bikes. So start signing up now so I can give him an idea of what to expect. We're going back down next weekend, hurricane permitting, and visit with them some more. Start signing up right here boys & girls so we can get our reserved parking.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14766/CD196805D6264309B1C7919D9EF3EFDB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-18-2007, 02:06 AM
vegascop
Cruiser

Guys can anyone help???

I'm coming in from Las Vegas, Nevada on November 2nd staying for 2 or 3 nights . Obviously alot of things are booked solid can anyone recomend where to look. Even the campgrounds have no spots? Please help if you can!

Old 09-19-2007, 12:32 AM
TexasRanger
Road Warrior

I cant find a place to register. Does anyone know what the cost is?

Thanks,

TR

Old 09-19-2007, 09:04 AM
texascruiser
Intermediate

Unlike the "rip you off" ROT Rally in Austin, the Lonestar Rallydoes not have any real registration to be done. It is all on public streets throu-out the island. FYI.... Parking passes just came up for sale on their website ( $10.00 )allow's Motorcycles to enter secured areas for parking at the Convention center and on Strand Street.
http://www.lonestarrally.com/

Old 09-19-2007, 10:18 AM
TexasRanger
Road Warrior

ROT = Rip Off Texas ranger - What a cluster that was.

Cool. So all I really need is a place to stay and a parking pass.

Thanks,

TR

Quick Reply: Lonestar Rally, Galveston