Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Snort
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessories

Now that I bought a bike, I'll need a few things to ride safe. Mainly would like a Harley leather jacket.
Would the CBA event (http://www.metrolinaexpotradeshow.com/calndr/mar.htm )

this weekend be a place to buy this kind of stuff? Not sure if I want a used jacket or not.[:-]
I'll need different boots than I have but can't buy online for those, I have BIG feet and must try them on first.

Is there any place local to buy from at a reasonable priceor do ya'll shop online mostly?
Other than a Harley jacket I really don't care if the other stuff says HD or not.

Thanks

Old 03-20-2007, 12:28 AM
SiLlY
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Accessories

I bought my boots at Lebo's. The expo show would be my first attempt. I'm sure there will be stuff there priced cheap. Tons of places ot buy bike stuff though. RUA's on Independence is good and Parts Dude on Indian Trail. Cycle Extreme off of Old Monroe is good too. After the expo, if you want, we'll get together and go window shopping.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:35 AM
brillowolf
Cruiser

If you're dead set on your jacket saying Harley on it, be prepared for the $300-400 dollar price for entry. I am alsonot too crazy on the styles offered by Harley. Especially for the prices. The "Men's Nevada Jacket" is pretty cool, but you can find jackets with the same look and qualityfor less than $200.00. My suggestion, with all of the shows and rallies comming up, would be to wait. Check out some of the events and dealers. Even if you're set on a Harley jacket, you can find Harley dealers with sales racks with some really good deals. Sometimes as much as 30-40 percent off. And yes, the CBA eventat the MetrolinaExpo should be a good place to look fora good deal on a jacket.

But then again, if cost isn't a concern, get what suits ya.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:54 AM
Yoman
Tourer

Last 2 years I went to the swap meet, the leather was the only thing that was a good deal. Several venders selling leather and the prices were good. Probably go...don't know if it will be Sat or Sun.

Yoman

Old 03-20-2007, 07:25 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

The CBA swap meet is a good place to get leather. Usually lots of options. Last year, there were some guys there selling an Indian dealerships clothing. They had some really nice jackets. They were Vanson brand with Indian patches on them. The first time I walked by they were 150 bucks. At the end of the day, I came back by and started dickering along with 2 buddies. We ended up buying 3 at 85 bucks each. The had 500+ dollar original tags on them.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I would agree that Rua on highway 74 is a good place to shop. I bought my jacket and chaps in there two years ago and they still look good. I've had some of the metric guys I ride with occasionally comment on the quality. They're nice people who understand customer service. And Ken always cooks lunch on Saturday.

Shop the swap meet / show this weekend and you'll see a wide variety of pricing and quality.