Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Heritage Rally Cancelled????

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 05:05 PM
voodoo93
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Heritage Rally Cancelled????

I happen to belong to the organization that owns the Fairgrounds where the Rally is held (so I am quite actually an owner) - I will tell you this spin (and that is exactly what it is) is a total cover-up... I probably cannot disclose what I know in a public forum like this but suffuce it to say, the biker community, the local politicians, the citizens of Charleston, etc... none of these things had to do with the demise.

If and when we share the road I will be more than happy to tell you what I know.

Let's just say that the organizer of this rally's troubles are just beginning IMHO.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:23 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

voodoo, I hear you. I know Dave and his troubles. His troubles are not all new, just coming to a head.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Swamp Fox
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: voodoo93
If and when we share the road I will be more than happy to tell you what I know.

Let's just say that the organizer of this rally's troubles are just beginning IMHO.
I think his troubles began in past years....didn't he have some $$ troubles earlier?

Old 03-15-2007, 11:27 PM
voodoo93
Road Warrior

The shame of this is that it has ruined the chances of someone else picking this up and running with it... who will trust Charleston to run a rally now?

Old 03-16-2007, 11:09 AM
rock5986
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Its all a shame. But for me, I go to rallys for the ride, the commoradery, gathering with people that share the same interest, etc... I think we should go anyway!

Old 03-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Amy
Elite HDF Member

If the same guy owns the MB rally does that mean it to will end ????

I am sure someone will want it though. Why doesn't he just sell the rights to it off that way it can continue on as always ??? Or is that stupid?

Ok with what Voo just told us and Rocks idea.....Voo how about you hook up the HDF and we can have a huge Rally for all of us there.......hint hint

Old 03-17-2007, 12:01 PM
voodoo93
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Amy

If the same guy owns the MB rally does that mean it to will end ????

Not the same guy Amy - I think the earlier question was referring to the HD dealers.

I am sure someone will want it though. Why doesn't he just sell the rights to it off that way it can continue on as always ??? Or is that stupid?

I think there are going to be some very Pissed Off people - namely the folks that have heavy investments in customs built for the Million Dollar Biker Build-off - not sure that Charleston's reputation will not be badly soiled as a result of this - anyone else trying to pull this off would be facing Extra Risk in my opinion. But definitely not a stupid idea, just who has that kind of capital and desire is the question.

Ok with what Voo just told us and Rocks idea.....Voo how about you hook up the HDF and we can have a huge Rally for all of us there.......hint hint

I think an HDF Low Country Rally would be fun - we certainly don't have the twisties that the upstate offers but we do have fun to offer... now who would be organizing is another question all together, I ain't got ****** down here at the coast

Old 03-17-2007, 09:25 PM
TerrySC
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: sleepneagle

Terry, Myrtle and Charleston are one in the same, same owner Phil Schoonover.

There is financial issues and litigation. Much of it from his other businesses. I guess if you owe some people in the bike community, you can blame them for your misfortune.

Last years Rally totally sucked. Previous 2 years were better.
Hey what kind of info do you expect from a guy that rides a Rice-Burner. I was just going by some things I overheard at the 2nd annual rally. Thanks for setting me straight. It is a shame to lose this rally, I prefered it over MB because I could ride rather than walk my bike.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:56 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: voodoo93

I think an HDF Low Country Rally would be fun - we certainly don't have the twisties that the upstate offers but we do have fun to offer... now who would be organizing is another question all together, I ain't got ****** down here at the coast
[/quote]
Aint you the Lucky one!

Old 03-19-2007, 10:27 AM
voodoo93
Road Warrior

Don't worry Terry - wouldn't be the first time someone put out a mis-statement regarding this rally

And you are right - Spring Myrtle is too damn difficult to get around during... Charleston Rally was nice for that.

Quick Reply: Heritage Rally Cancelled????