Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

NC Forum rally

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 12:36 AM
low69
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NC Forum Rally or Meet and Greet

ORIGINAL: Amy

ORIGINAL: Amy

We were thinking of all meeting on a Friday night at one of the local places and just getting to know one another while we have a few. Then get up on Saturday moring and going on all day ride. Making a few stops at various places along the way and even stop for lunch somewhere.

Can you get us a ride together that would make a day out of it as well as some cool places to stop at??

Yoman...or anyone else....if you will give me a few places for lodgeing I will call and try to set something up.

Also...several had said they would camp.......what is the closest campsite to Lake Lure that would be a great spot to stay and even have a little fun at night for all of us.

I "MIGHT" even consider doing the tent thing if that is where everyone lese decides to do.
Ummm Amy, thought you didn't do the tent thing?
Myself, I love the cavas condo and camping at Lake Lure or Chimney Rock sounds awesome. Since we don't have a date set in stone yet .... How about a Cinco De Mayo run? The 5th just happens to be on a Saturday.
Just a thought and nobody pays me to do that, so sometimes I dont do it that well......

Old 03-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Snort
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I get to camp another 5-6 times per year while doing the"Jeep" thingso I ain't afraid to rent a room for a night, plus I have no type of gear suitable for ridin' and campin'. It would probably cost me 3-4 times the cost of a room to go buy the stuff needed to carry in the bags.
I'll need a date before I can plan any further, my springtime fills up fast with work and other commitments.
Can ya'll post a couple of links to lead me towards some of the needed camping gear? My current set up is a long bed pickup with camper cover, air mattress, sheets, pillows, dedicated boxes of camp supplies, cooking stuff, coolers, etc., The way I usually do it ain't "roughing it" too bad but since ICAN bring the creature comforts with me, I do.
Thanks

Old 03-21-2007, 11:41 AM
TBone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Beach Motor Inn & Restaurant
2793 Memorial Highway, Lake Lure, NC 28746
(828) 625-9324

Geneva Riverside Lodging And Tiki Bar
3147 Memorial Highway, Lake Lure, NC 28746
(828) 625-4121

Margarita grill & Cantina
2793 Memorial Highway, Lake Lure, NC 28746
(828) 625-9324

Lake Lure Inn & Spa
2771 Memorial Highway, Lake Lure, NC 28746
(828) 625-2525

Here are a couple of hotels in the area. Keep in mind Margarita grill will probably be the "hangout" I have called Geneva Riverside Lodging which is about 1/2 mile away and they said the room rates will be around 60-80 dollars since it will be in peak season. I could not get through to some of the other ones but I will keep trying. There are lots of Bed and Breakfasts places to stay at. My wife and I have stayed at several and all were great. They will range around $125 a night though.

As for camping. There are lots of campgrounds so for those who wants to camp that night, it shouldn't be a problem. I will get the names and numbers shortly for you.

As for dates. June 1st. (Friday) thru June 4th (Sunday) should be the best weekend. There is a big Rally in Troutman the next weekend with some good bands (Field of Steel Rally). That should be a good place to do another meet and greet or just go to and have a good time.

So June 1st thru the 3rd is the weekend. Most of the motels have maps and trips planned for motorcycles. I grew up in the area and know most of the roads BUT the best thing I like about the area is if you get lost, it still is a great ride. Now we need to decide on activities after the ride or do we want to ride to Cherokee to gamble, Maggie valley, or just go to the local hangouts after the end of the day and "hangout". Geneva Riverside Lodging And Tiki Bar is on the river and has a bar and cookout area. We might be able to plan a cookout together, or as we call it in the mountains, a pig pickin. Let me know

Travis

Old 03-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Amy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok Guys you heard him......June 1st-3rd @ Lake Lure, NC

If you can attend post your name in the offical rally thread.

Thanks