Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

NC Forum rally

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 09:18 PM
211Chuck
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NC Forum Rally or Meet and Greet

ORIGINAL: TBone

http://www.gatlinburg-tennessee.com/...ons/index.html

Here we go guys. This is a great place to spend a weekend. Amy and I will decide on a weekend and post it. Sometime in June.

Now all you guys have to do is just make the commitment.

Travis

Great place, the wife and I go there quite often in our
travels every year.

One thing I would like to point out from riding 70,000+
miles in the Blue Ridge mountains last year. Gatlinburg
TN. is best for motorcycles in April to mid May and then
again mid Sept. thru Oct....June,July and August are not
any fun what so ever, way to much tourest traffic!

You guys are making the call, but thats my opinion on
Gatlinburg TN.

June in the Blue Ridge mountains Maggie Valley or the
Blue Ridge motorcycle campground area Cruso NC. is
much better for weather and less traffic.

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

http://www.pisgahinn.com/daily_news_from_the_inn.asp

Pisgah Inn is close to the BR M/C Camp ground also.

http://www.maggievalley.com/

The Blue Ridge motorcycle campground has cabins for
those who do not camp. They also have the most of
the great riding roads close byas well asWaynesville
and Ghost Town Harley Davidson for those who like
to check out the local shops.

Maggie Valley, what can I say! I/we ride up there on
many a Saturday morning just to have Breakfast, the
place is magic, nuff said..

I can also tell you every great road to ride in the Blue
Ridge Mountains if you would like help for setting up
day rides?

Both those areas are cooler and less humindin June
with little traffic to take shots at your motorcycle!

Old 03-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Redhawk
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys/gals, here's a place you need to check into for a rally site. They are very biker friendly. They have an outdoor stage across the street. Plenty of parking. They have a restaurant on one side & a bar on the other. Here's there site http://www.thecreek.bz/Check out the pics & events pages. We go there often & it's always been a good time. We may even be able to talk them into letting us use their stage if Hogtie can get us the hook-up with his band buddies. Here's a link for a map to get there. http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...houseGrill.jpg There's also a map on their site.

There's also lots of good riding around there. Morrow Mountain State Park & Badin Lake are both close by.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:25 AM
TBone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What is happening here? I have been on this site for the past two years and have always admired everyone's dedication to their bikes, fellow riders, and this forum. I have read with great interests about events people went to, rides people went on with fellow members, or just small little gatherings that we as forum family happen to find each other. Then coming back here and taking the time to tell everyone how the enjoyed meeting each other andalways thinking that was so cool.

I have had the pleasure of meeting several people from this forum and the one thing we all say is "LET"S PLAN A GET TOGETHER" I have even seen people try this on this forum only to back out at the end because of some excuse or the other. Not this time!

Everyone, get on here and tell either Amy or myself or better yet, write on this thread that you are planning to come when we plan this thing. This way Amy or myself will know what we need to plan for or are we just wasting our time.

Okay, now I just stepped off my soap box. Seriously, please just type a little something telling us if you are the least bit interested.

Thank you,

Travis

Old 03-02-2007, 12:24 PM
211Chuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: TBone

What is happening here? I have been on this site for the past two years and have always admired everyone's dedication to their bikes, fellow riders, and this forum. I have read with great interests about events people went to, rides people went on with fellow members, or just small little gatherings that we as forum family happen to find each other. Then coming back here and taking the time to tell everyone how the enjoyed meeting each other andalways thinking that was so cool.

I have had the pleasure of meeting several people from this forum and the one thing we all say is "LET"S PLAN A GET TOGETHER" I have even seen people try this on this forum only to back out at the end because of some excuse or the other. Not this time!

Everyone, get on here and tell either Amy or myself or better yet, write on this thread that you are planning to come when we plan this thing. This way Amy or myself will know what we need to plan for or are we just wasting our time.

Okay, now I just stepped off my soap box. Seriously, please just type a little something telling us if you are the least bit interested.

Thank you,

Travis

Travis;

if I wasn't interested I would not of made my post
trying to help you guys/gals!

Old 03-02-2007, 07:02 PM
TBone
Tourer

I'm sorry 211 Chuck, I didn't mean to single you out. You have indeed posted some info on where to go. I will reread your posts and see where you said that you will definitely be there or to count you in. Again, my intentions were to get people to commit to this ride not to make you feel like you have not committed.

Travis

Travis;

if I wasn't interested I would not of made my post
trying to help you guys/gals!

Old 03-02-2007, 07:30 PM
One_Lost_Hippie
Cruiser

Haven't had the oportunity to ride in the mountains yet....but if the timming is good and a set date and place was made...me and my ol lady would love to catch some air time with someone heading that way.....we will keep checking back and fourth, see what happens.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:02 AM
07RoadGlide
Banned

I won't know anything until it gets a little closer. Pre-deployment training should be around the same time.

Old 03-04-2007, 04:59 AM
SiLlY
Road Warrior

I'm in! April or June? Either way, I'll make time. I'd rather camp so... if that can be made possible, it would be a perfect ride for me.

Only other plans I have around that time is Myrtle Beach. That being a set date already (reservations made), I'm good for what ever. Because of the importance of this rally, perhaps someone should PM plan/ride details and updates to those who sign up for the ride. I know it's more work but It's the best way to keep everyone informed with "official" information.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Amy
Elite HDF Member

As soon as something is planned for sure I will pm evryone in this area and post a thread in every section that way nobody can say they didn't see it.

We'll be in touch soon guys. And I hope to see you all Saturday at Hooters.

Old 03-06-2007, 07:35 PM
TBone
Tourer

We went last year with the Statesville Hog Chapter up to Lake Lure and had a blast. They offer hotels, bed and breakfast places, and campgrounds. The beauty of Lake Lure is it is sort of close and the rides are great. It is to me centrally located for almost any type of ride we would do. Think about it all and let us know.

Travis

Quick Reply: NC Forum rally