Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Charlotte area dealers

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 01:34 AM
BREAD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Charlotte area dealers

Picked up my RKC from Tilleys. Very nice, friendly and had what I wanted at the best price quoted.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Snort
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to bring this back to the top.
HD of Charlotte is about 4 miles from my house.I didn't like the way they priced a used bike to me (dealer add-ons)and the "first" interest rate I got when looking at a new bike was high so they lowered it a little. Screw that, I've got a deal from my bank to do anything I want at a great rate.Also, I've heard some not so good reviews of the service dept.
I don't want to have to deal with a "Car dealer" type operation. I think that buying a new bike from a dealer and their service dept reputation go hand in hand. If you don't want to bash them on the board, please PM me.
Also, Tilley and ***'s were great to talk to and each had their high points and I've gotten many reviews about how good Tilley's is and Paul Morrow (sales) was absolutely great with me. He has been referred to me by three different people.
***'s has/had? the exactbike I want.
I know some of you have already replied but if anyone elsehas good orbad reviews of these places, please let me know. I'm planningto buy next week.
Thanks

Old 03-05-2007, 11:54 PM
FKNDLX
Banned

If your going to buy from ***'s you have to deal with Sharon, she will get you the best deal possible, I bought my bike last year and got a steal of a deal, I know they have moved but they will always be the same. The new location is off to a fairly slow start as it's in kind of a wierd spot. Tell Sharon I sent you and she will take real good care of you.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:14 AM
SteelersWG
Novice

I Had a so so time with HD of Charlotte on 74. They would not budge on the dealer prep and DOC fee........High pressure on thier insurance and they did try and screw me on the INT rate. Used car feel for sure......I dont even want to talk about the service dept...I still have my bike there. I brought it there for 2 recalls and ended up getting braided lines installed . They said 7-10 days for it.......It is now 3 days shy of a month.......I wrote a strongly worded letter to the owner and he said he will look into and handle it.....I guess we will see....I just want my damn bike back.....

Old 03-06-2007, 12:56 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

In May of 2005 when I was shopping for a Road King, *** in Rock Hill had a one year old model on their website that looked good and the advertised price was fair. I went to see them on Saturday with the intention of buying the motorcycle if it was at all close to as advetised. When I arrived, there was a sign on the front door, "Closed, gone to Myrtle Beach Bike Week". How the heck do you close the dealership to go to Bike Week? I have never dealt with anyone personally at ***'s but I haven't been back either. That just sorta frosted me a bit.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:17 PM
brillowolf
Cruiser

HD of Charlotte did my dad pretty good. He recently wrecked his 06 Street Glide. They had a customer come in for a radical paint package on a Street Glide. To makea long story short, my dad got almost all of his parts for next to nothing. Can't say anything about their service, but they hooked him up on parts.

Pat Rogers service is abysmal to say the least. I was getting ready to head out on a 4 day weekend trip, and dropped my bike off there about 3 days before for a 10,000 mile service.($400.00 by the way)The bike was spottless and shiny when I dropped it off. When I picked up my bike the day beforeI was to leave, it looked like someone hadpoured a can of oil all over it. Fingerprints onall the chrome, you name it. Now I don't know about any of you,but I used to work in the automotive service field. We never turned a vehicle over to it's owner is a lesser state than we received it in. $400.00 for service, I expected it back in at least the samecondition as I dropped it off in. I have since bought a service manual, and performed the 15,000 mile service myself. Less than 40 bucks, and my bike wasn't near as messy as they leftit.

By the way, I took my Heritage Classic to ***'s to have a rear tire installed. After they put the tire on, they washed my bike at no charge.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:58 PM
GAWSHoG
Cruiser

The reason i bought an 04 was the new prices are just too high...and "collision insurance?" please! Buy a used bike that some other sucker, er, i mean fine individual has already chromed out, and fixed up nice. you'll save thousands, or more [8D]... just my 2!

Old 04-05-2007, 04:01 PM
springysoftail
Novice

Ok guess it's about time I add my 2 cents. I have bought and sold 3 Harleys and a couple of those "other" bikes in the last 3 months. I am not a stealer only an extremely addicted motorcycle enthusiast. Anyhow, my riding friends have bought 3 Harleys from the Tilley's store in Salisbury and had nothing but great things to say about them. I couldn't understand why they were going all the way to Salisbury to buy their bikes when there were other stealers in the area that were closer............until I started shopping for a nightster. I shopped ALL of the local stealers and decided to fill out a credit app online with Pat Rogers since they are my "local" dealer. I wanted a simple black nightster for my wife. I have a springer, not Jerry!......... What a nightmare dealing with Pat Rogers, first they told me they ran my credit and that I was approved and "when could they get me in there so they could show me a bike." I made it clear all I was interested in was a black nightster. Their reply was well why don't you come see what we have and maybe you would like this..........didn't even listen to what the customer (me) wanted! Just high pressure car dealership tactics, and I should know I have 20+ years in dealer service departments. Found out later that they had not even run my credit. To top that off they kept calling and every time the sales people all sound drunk when they call. Few days later the GM called to find out why I didn't buy from them and I let him have an earfull.......still no changes that I can tell, I still go by there but don't spend my money there. I went to Tilley's in Salisbury. Don't waste your time with anyone else, go see Rob Dry, he is the sales/finance manager. Great guy, sometimes too busy, but when he gets back with you, best deal, quoted price up front. I am taking delivery on my new nightster soon, it shipped on the 4th. My boss just bought an 883 from Rob and same great service!!!!!!!!!