Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Trip to Orlando Area

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 12:17 PM
jlfabian
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trip to Orlando Area

I am contemplating a trip to see my Dad in Tavares, Fl. He has some health issues which is the real reason I'm planning the trip. I'm in North Alabama in Huntsville, specifically, and what I would like to do is get to the - panhandle - then travel the next day to Tavares. This is not totally set in stone. The total trip is roughly 700 miles going on one of my "quickest" routes.

Couple of obvious questions: 1) any recommendations for motorcycle friendly places along 98 (Port St. Joe or further east), and 2) anyone have any recommendations for route. I won't be in a great hurry (if I have to hurry, then I will fly), so back roads are preferred over the superslab (I know I'll have to take it some, but want to avoid it if possible).

I have a couple of routes already planned, but they are the "quickest" type I set up in Delorme Topo. No actual leave/return dates though I plan on avoiding the July 4th timeframe. My current routes involve a lot of interstate riding. I will be looking to plan others more enjoyable routes, but wanted to ask the forum for suggestions. Thanks