Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Charlotte, NC riders...speak up

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006 | 10:59 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Default RE: Charlotte, NC riders...speak up

Before I commit to try and do that kinda mileage in a day, you on a Ultra, me on a Sporty, do you head for a destination and not stop except for gas till ya get there? Do you think the mileage is the 'thing"? Do you have to get in so many miles before ya stop to feel justified? I like to ride, the destination matters not, I stop alot, I smoke, and don't stop for meals, but I like to stop for a drink and a snack and a cig. I ride most Saturdays and usually do 250-300 miles and it takes ALL day because I enjoy being out there so to speak. Racking up miles just to rack up miles interest me not. So lay out some ground rules.

Old 11-08-2006 | 11:17 PM
Dooley
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Redhawk

Dooley, PM or email me....We're always tryin' to ride somewhere. We have a lot of friends here in Monroe that get together & ride from time to time. Maybe we can get out & ride together sometime. Hell, if you want to go ride some twisties. We'll go down & meet up with "****** The Great". He is you know, just ask him..................lol

******, I wish I had known you were heading up this way last Sunday. I would have liked to get together. We had planned on riding the PGR mission, but our house is up for sale & the realtor stopped by to go over some things & take pictures. Got to get together soon........
Redhawk, I might be open this weekend.
I just started a new job, so I`m not sure about Sat., but I am definetly up for it Sun.
Any destinations in mind?

Old 11-08-2006 | 11:31 PM
211Chuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: ******

Before I commit to try and do that kinda mileage in a day, you on a Ultra, me on a Sporty, do you head for a destination and not stop except for gas till ya get there? Do you think the mileage is the 'thing"? Do you have to get in so many miles before ya stop to feel justified? I like to ride, the destination matters not, I stop alot, I smoke, and don't stop for meals, but I like to stop for a drink and a snack and a cig. I ride most Saturdays and usually do 250-300 miles and it takes ALL day because I enjoy being out there so to speak. Racking up miles just to rack up miles interest me not. So lay out some ground rules.

Rusty;

I just like to ride, I don't really plan much, I just ride and stop when
it strikes me to...

Most people only ride with me ONCE, then their done, I don't ride for
the most miles, I ride for the most FUN"

You have my number so give me a call, if you can't afford the call I'll
call you because I was going to call you Thursday night anyways just
to see what your up to for the weekend.

Hey" I could let you ride my Wing if the Sporty is to tuff on ya! .. "LOL"

Old 11-09-2006 | 12:04 AM
redheadfred
Cruiser

you guys get something worked out hit me up ! Lets ride !

Old 11-09-2006 | 12:23 AM
211Chuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: redheadfred

you guys get something worked out hit me up ! Lets ride !

Whats your phone # Fred????

Old 11-09-2006 | 09:35 AM
balley
Elite HDF Member

I like to ride, a good day for me is 200 to 300 miles with breaks. I ride the sporty also. Like to have fun and Sat. is going to be a nice day.

Old 11-09-2006 | 10:41 PM
211Chuck
Road Warrior

BTW Rusty, I can do more miles in a day then most because I leave at sun up
or just before, I probably stop as much as anyone I just use the maximum of
day light avialible to me.

I've gone 200 miles before most people wake up, most riders these days have
no clue that the first 4 hours of day light is the best part of a motorcycle riding
day. Back in the day every motorcycle rider knew that and got out and rode
those first 4 hours.The new 21st century riders have no idea what their missing.

Old 11-09-2006 | 11:32 PM
redheadfred
Cruiser

9806223682 Im usually up til midnight

Old 11-10-2006 | 12:19 AM
Wolhar
Banned

Chuck, thanks for the call. Saturday is lookin up! Anyone else who wants to join us OLD FOLKS, get yer **** outta bed Saturday and lets ride. Details to be worked out,,,,as we go! hahahahahahahaha looks like Spartanburg/Hwy 11 is going to be the "MEETING PLACE". Lets do it!

Old 11-10-2006 | 07:59 PM
Redhawk
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Dooley

ORIGINAL: Redhawk

Dooley, PM or email me....We're always tryin' to ride somewhere. We have a lot of friends here in Monroe that get together & ride from time to time. Maybe we can get out & ride together sometime. Hell, if you want to go ride some twisties. We'll go down & meet up with "****** The Great". He is you know, just ask him..................lol

******, I wish I had known you were heading up this way last Sunday. I would have liked to get together. We had planned on riding the PGR mission, but our house is up for sale & the realtor stopped by to go over some things & take pictures. Got to get together soon........
Redhawk, I might be open this weekend.
I just started a new job, so I`m not sure about Sat., but I am definetly up for it Sun.
Any destinations in mind?
I might get to ride some Saturday. Not sure yet, we have to take one of our daughters to an ROTC awards banquet, she's being awarded the "Patriots Award". The wife & I both want to ride Sunday. We are going to stop by the CBA/ABATE swap meet for a bit, then we're open to suggestions.

Quick Reply: Charlotte, NC riders...speak up