Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Charlotte, NC riders...speak up

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014 | 09:32 AM
Lucky Doug
Tourer

Would anybody be interested in a regular ride schedule. Maybe first and third Sundays with different rides? Regular meeting place and time for whoever wants to show up.

Old 02-19-2014 | 09:35 PM
mp535th
Tourer

Originally Posted by Lucky Doug
Would anybody be interested in a regular ride schedule. Maybe first and third Sundays with different rides? Regular meeting place and time for whoever wants to show up.
I'd be down for that but work a rotating schedule so it would be hit or miss for me. Trying my hardest to get a reg schedule back with weekends off, hopefully happen next year

Old 02-21-2014 | 07:30 PM
Deckman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Lucky Doug
Sounds good let me know when and where. Also will start to going to macs on. Wednesday night Bike night. PM or email me.

Old 03-18-2014 | 12:18 PM
TitanH-D
Stage III

Put me on this list, if possible. Oil kid here, always on the move you know. In the Charlotte area now. Lets roll.

Old 03-23-2014 | 09:20 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior

Is this going to happen? If so, please put me on the list: kryingame@gmail.com

Old 03-23-2014 | 09:37 PM
Dooley
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mp535th
I'd be down for that but work a rotating schedule so it would be hit or miss for me. Trying my hardest to get a reg schedule back with weekends off, hopefully happen next year
I'd be up for it, I ride east of Charlotte a lot.

Old 03-24-2014 | 11:44 AM
Murph_27
Stage III

Indian Trail. Don't have a bike yet, but plan to within the next 2 weeks. Can't wait.

Old 03-24-2014 | 12:10 PM
Lucky Doug
Tourer

I think this thread got started a little prematurely due to the sporadic decent weather. However, the forecast for this coming Sunday looks promising.

A couple of considerations might be the distance between everybody. I know it could be a 45 minute ride just to meet up with some of you guys on the north side so I am thinking that everybody volunteer to organize a ride once in a while.

The other thing is how long do you all like to ride for this kind of thing? 4 hours? 6 hours? 8 hours? Meet for breakfast? Stop for lunch? Make it about going somewhere to eat? What do you consider to be a good size for a group ride?

I'll start. First, it is an open ride and anybody that wants to go is invited.

I am at the very end of Idlewild Road (se) and the gas station has mid grade non ethanol for anybody that would like to fuel up before we start. We could meet at the Hardees in Indian Trail and leave from there. Break time at the 2 hour mark is negotiable but the Union Cafe in Badin, NC is just a hamburger/hot dog place according to my memory from 20 years ago. Lunch break time and place is negotiable as is the rest of the trip.

Meet time would be 10:30am at Hardee's.

Link to a map (I hope).

The ride would be about about 3 hours on the road and 4 to 4.5 hours total.

Old 03-24-2014 | 12:10 PM
Lucky Doug
Tourer

Originally Posted by Murph_27
Indian Trail. Don't have a bike yet, but plan to within the next 2 weeks. Can't wait.
Welcome Murph.

Old 03-24-2014 | 05:34 PM
BigMESA
Tourer

I live in the Rock Hill area. Couple of us are headed out to Greenville Harley Davidson on Saturday with a quick stop in Spartanburg HD (my wife is hunting down a t-shirt lol). Greenville is having all day test rides and I want to try out an Ultra, anyone interested in tagging along and meeting new people can PM me. We will probably head out around 10:30am hit HD of Spartanburg, Hit Greenville HD, grab lunch at Quaker Steak & Lube, mosey on back and hit a biker bar along the way for a refreshing adult beverage (or Coke if you don't drink) and then call it a day.

Quick Reply: Charlotte, NC riders...speak up