Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Charlotte, NC riders...speak up

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006 | 10:49 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: Charlotte, NC riders...speak up

We are in Coulwood near Mt. Island Lake.
That's amazing, I grew up in Coulwood, on BirchwoodDrive.

Old 10-20-2006 | 11:08 PM
Wolhar
Banned

Fred looks like between 2-3 hours for y'all. I can meet you at Hwy Alt 74 and the BRP where they cross on the Sounth Side of the parkway on Alt 74. Best I can remember there are some GaStations around there. As you come into Ashville on 40 Alt 74 is Exit 53A I think. Exit off and go under 40 onto Alt 74. I'll be at a Service Station around there between 11-11:30. Call me when ya get there.

Old 10-20-2006 | 11:28 PM
Wolhar
Banned

Hey if YOMAN and his crew chime in we could all meet in Gastonia. Thats about 50 miles for me and you Freddie. We could run 321 to 40, 40 to Marion, then hit 80 up to the BRP. 80 is a nice ride. It's like 70 miles from Gastonia to Marion. We could all meet at Rankin Lake park on 321 North, its a quarter mile off 85 on 321N. Rankin Lake Road in on the left off 321 heck even if i just meet y'all there we could still do that. If y'all wanna ride 80, it's comparable to The Tail of the Dragon minus the traffic.

Old 10-21-2006 | 07:44 AM
Yoman
Tourer

Sorry guys most everyone backed out. Guess it was too cold. Anyway I got alot of crap that needs to be done this weekend. Been riding every weekend and the list has grown. Maybe next weekend

Yoman

Old 10-21-2006 | 08:14 AM
redheadfred
Cruiser

cool , we'll give ya a ring when we get there

Old 10-21-2006 | 10:25 AM
Wolhar
Banned

This is where I'm headed, hope y'all are too!
ORIGINAL: ******

Fred looks like between 2-3 hours for y'all. I can meet you at Hwy Alt 74 and the BRP where they cross on the South Side of the parkway on Alt 74. Best I can remember there are some GaStations around there. As you come into Ashville on 40 Alt 74 is Exit 53A I think. Exit off and go under 40 onto Alt 74. I'll be at a Service Station around there between 11-11:30. Call me when ya get there.

Old 10-21-2006 | 08:14 PM
Wolhar
Banned

Just got in from my ride today to met redheadfred and his crew. I split with them on the BRP when they decided to head North in a direction more towards home for them. I went South, more towards home for me. Some of them were begining to want a place to eat, I had a late breakfast and was not interested in eating, so I said my goodbyes and headed out. Fred, nice to met ya, maybe we can get together again soon. Hope y'all like 80! I'll post pics later, the wife is in control of the FAST PC right now!

Old 10-21-2006 | 10:17 PM
redheadfred
Cruiser

Had a great time man , 80 was a nice ride too . Im just getting in , the guys on the rockets had to stop and rest quite a few times , but we made it though . We'll have to plan out another ride soon and maybe get somemore guys off the forum to ride with us .

Old 10-21-2006 | 11:21 PM
Wolhar
Banned

Yea u r right about planning a ride again soon. Maybe we can get a few more miles in before bad weather hits. One good one seems to be meeting in Gastonia, riding over to Marion, hitting 80 and then 19 North, back down to the BRP or anopther route South back towards home. Gastonia would be central for alot of us. Plus we need to be clear on which way we goin on the Parkway, and tell them folks to eat before we meet! hahahahahahaha
ORIGINAL: redheadfred

Had a great time man , 80 was a nice ride too . Im just getting in , the guys on the rockets had to stop and rest quite a few times , but we made it though . We'll have to plan out another ride soon and maybe get somemore guys off the forum to ride with us .

Old 10-21-2006 | 11:50 PM
redheadfred
Cruiser

h aha , yeah I gave them boys a fit about that . When we got home we were supposed to meet up about 9pm and hangout , but they were to tired . Would like to try to get it worked out soon enough so everyone can plan for it , No excuses !

Quick Reply: Charlotte, NC riders...speak up