Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Charlotte, NC riders...speak up

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011 | 09:21 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member

Zuma, if you are referring to the owner at Harely- Davidson of Charlotte is a "dick" you are sadly mistaken. I have been around many dealers and I have had the opportunity to meet many owners and by far, the owner in Charlotte is one of the best if not the best. The guy takes care of his customers like nothing that I have ever seen. He goes out of his way to make you feel at home. An absolute great guy!
Just curious if the ownership has changed since 2004?

Old 07-11-2013 | 04:46 PM
HD-MAN
Intermediate

Went in at Harley-Davidson of Charlotte to find out that the ONLY guy I would consider working with is no longer there. If anyone know where Scott Champion went to, I would love to know. This guy is the best that I have ever dealt with. The ******** at the dealership would not tell me. The Sales Manager there, Mr. Ponytail, is a GIANT DICK HEAD! I don't see how they sell anything.

Old 07-13-2013 | 07:30 AM
Brettcr
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HD-MAN
Went in at Harley-Davidson of Charlotte to find out that the ONLY guy I would consider working with is no longer there. If anyone know where Scott Champion went to, I would love to know. This guy is the best that I have ever dealt with. The ******** at the dealership would not tell me. The Sales Manager there, Mr. Ponytail, is a GIANT DICK HEAD! I don't see how they sell anything.

He's now at Blue Ridge HD up in Hickory.

http://blueridgehd.com
(828) 327-3030

If you give him a call tell him Brett Crane told you where he was now. He's really a great guy and consider him a great friend!

Old 07-13-2013 | 08:55 AM
Dooley
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HD-MAN
Mr. ponytail has been there for years. I made the mistake of buying my first Harley from them back in 2004. Will never buy another bike from them again.

Old 07-17-2013 | 11:39 AM
Lucky Doug
Tourer

I just stopped by here to see what's up in CLT. I live in Indian Trail (previously Winston-Salem) and don't know anything about this area so any tips on rides, bars, etc. I would appreciate a heads up.

Old 07-18-2013 | 01:34 AM
Funnygirl
Road Captain

Ride out 218 from Mint Hill to Polkton.
It's a really nice ride!
We also like to go up to Morrow Mtn. just outside of Albemarle.
But our favorite place to ride to eat on the weekend is up in Carthage, NC at a place called the Pik-N-Pig. It's at the airport & you can sit outside right by the little runway.

Old 07-18-2013 | 02:09 AM
mp535th
Tourer

Im in the Huntersville/Cornelius area here....Anyone ride during the week??

Old 07-18-2013 | 08:35 AM
Lucky Doug
Tourer

Originally Posted by Funnygirl
Ride out 218 from Mint Hill to Polkton.
It's a really nice ride!
We also like to go up to Morrow Mtn. just outside of Albemarle.
But our favorite place to ride to eat on the weekend is up in Carthage, NC at a place called the Pik-N-Pig. It's at the airport & you can sit outside right by the little runway.
Thanks FunnyGirl. I don't know where Polkton is but I can look it up. I like the other rides you mentioned. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 07-23-2013 | 12:53 PM
Deckman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Lucky Doug
I just stopped by here to see what's up in CLT. I live in Indian Trail (previously Winston-Salem) and don't know anything about this area so any tips on rides, bars, etc. I would appreciate a heads up.
Welcome to the area. Typically I ride with a couple guys to Macs Speed Shop on South Blvd on Wednesday nights, "bike" night. If you would like to meet up then or any other time send me a PM.

Old 07-23-2013 | 06:22 PM
Lucky Doug
Tourer

Originally Posted by Deckman
Welcome to the area. Typically I ride with a couple guys to Macs Speed Shop on South Blvd on Wednesday nights, "bike" night. If you would like to meet up then or any other time send me a PM.
Thanks for the hospitality Deckman. Can't PM yet but my mail is baddog27106@yahoo.com. I might take you up on that. We used to hit Ted's in Winston on Wed nites for wings. I hope Mac's has some good wings because I haven't found the good ones down here yet.

What kind of time frame works for most of the folks? The old place was pretty much after work til dark.

Quick Reply: Charlotte, NC riders...speak up