Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Charlotte, NC riders...speak up

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007 | 02:34 PM
TBone
Tourer
Default RE: Charlotte, NC riders...speak up

I'm not saying but I'm just saying what Snort said sounds good to me.--------Now let me decipher.

We could meet at Carolina HD for their party. I went there last year and had a pretty good time. Afterwards we could go for a ride to Crowders Mountain State Park. I think that is what it is called or over to Yoman's house for some BBQ and beer on him.

I'm just saying.

T-Bone

Old 03-29-2007 | 01:00 AM
Snort
Road Captain

TBone,
I like your ride, we need to get together to compare notes (basically I just need to copy some of yours) About the only mod I've even started is to cut down my windshield. It's right in my sight line.

I will be on the road sometime Saturday afternoon, about 3-4 pm. I'd like to hook up with somebody to ridea bit if it's not too late. Could hit Carolina HD or go see Mark and Amy.

Anyone else gonna be out and about?

Old 03-29-2007 | 01:13 AM
SiLlY
Road Warrior

You can bet on me being out and about. I'm down for both rides. I'm not sure what time the event Amy posted is but if we can swing both, I'll be there!

Thank you Amy. To be honest, I don't like hooters (the restaurant!). I agree with meeting somewhere else.

Old 03-29-2007 | 01:22 PM
Lake Norman Thunder
Intermediate

I can not remember if I checked in...I'm out in Denver, NC....

2000 Fatboy

Old 04-05-2007 | 04:39 PM
springysoftail
Novice

I'm new to the forum, new to Harleys, been riding those "other" bikes for over 35 years. I have an 05 softail springer and my wife is waiting on her nightster. I work in Charlotte and live in Mooresville, used to live in the Matthews area. Can't wait to meet everyone and go on a ride.
Will be at bike week in Myrtle Beach, Long Bay Resort I think is the name of it, with 6 other bikers, top floor penthouse condo...........look for the new black nightster with the great looking blonde on it, that will be my wife, fat guy on the springer next to her is me!!!!!!!!!!!

Gerald and Amy

Old 04-05-2007 | 07:17 PM
Amy
|
Elite HDF Member

Welcome aboard guys.

Make sure you check out the Meet and Greet threads. The more the merrier.

Old 04-05-2007 | 08:51 PM
rock5986
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Snort

TBone,
I like your ride, we need to get together to compare notes (basically I just need to copy some of yours) About the only mod I've even started is to cut down my windshield. It's right in my sight line.

I will be on the road sometime Saturday afternoon, about 3-4 pm. I'd like to hook up with somebody to ridea bit if it's not too late. Could hit Carolina HD or go see Mark and Amy.

Snort check this guy out, he's in Charlotte. He'll cut a windshield to any demention you want. I had him do a 2" shorter than stock for my '00RKC. I'm back to a 1" taller than stock now(wife was catching too much wind in her face....she wins!) I still have the 2" shorter I just took off today if your interested. He charges right at $100 or so for new, I'll take $60 for it. Perfect condition.
http://www.windwarrior.us/index.html

Old 04-05-2007 | 10:39 PM
Snort
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: rock5986

ORIGINAL: Snort

TBone,

Snort check this guy out, he's in Charlotte. He'll cut a windshield to any demention you want. I had him do a 2" shorter than stock for my '00RKC. I'm back to a 1" taller than stock now(wife was catching too much wind in her face....she wins!) I still have the 2" shorter I just took off today if your interested. He charges right at $100 or so for new, I'll take $60 for it. Perfect condition.
http://www.windwarrior.us/index.html
Thanks Rock but I spent an hour last weekend and did it myself. I took 2" off. I get more buffetting but I can now see the road in one piece!

Old 04-08-2007 | 02:17 PM
GAWSHoG
Cruiser

rock, check yer PM's, I'm interested in the sheild if you still have it..

Old 04-15-2007 | 06:32 PM
Snort
Road Captain

Every free afternoon I get I take a ride through the socalled country near my house. On Saturday I rode out Cabarrus Road and made a stop at the Cabarrus Station Grill & Store. The owners are retired and opened this place where their construction company used to be. They are old bikers to boot. Two really cool old guys and the food is awesome! They sell beer but you can't drink it on premises.
They said that if we ever want to use it as a meeting spot or just stop by that we would always be welcome.
If you have a chance stop by. Their address is 13085 Cabarrus Station Rd in Midland, NC. (704) 888-4202
I have a few loops that I take from my house that last anywhere from an hour up to 2-3 hours. Most roads are backroads so traffic isn't like Charlotte.
Just wanted to pass along the store info though.

Quick Reply: Charlotte, NC riders...speak up