Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Outer Banks Bike fest anyone going?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 06:07 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,101 Likes on 3,649 Posts

Myrtle Beeatch got a wooping as far as the bikers are concerned....Outer banks is a much more laid back atmosphere than MB...I had my bait of all rallies anyway...same ol crap.
I now find out i can't go either...i forgot we had already planned to got to the NC seafood festival in Morehead City.

Last edited by Notgrownup; 09-22-2010 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Brain farts
Old 09-26-2010, 10:46 PM
timetaride
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am leaning toward riding out to the bike fest. Checked and think I have motel in harbinger. My wife will drive out with our son on friday at least that is our idea. I found that the rates are going into the off season charges that weekend with the motel I am looking at reserving. I would love to find someone else from mooresville area that will be riding down. If that would be you send me an email and lets talk.....Just one thing that I am seeing is it looks like there is a good chance of rain...but hey one thing is for certain about the weather and that is its most certain to change....ride safe and often!

Old 09-30-2010, 12:05 PM
miandsh2000
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Rugboy
I agree , not a lot of info posted on it. Looks like everything centered around the Harley shop ? I was looking for vendor list too.
heard back that basically they will have (lighting and seat vendors)
no tire, exhaust or fairing vendors.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:56 PM
timetaride
Advanced
Default Leaving for outer banks!!!!

Leaving in the morning from mooresville for the ride out to habinger. Would love to pull in to the motel by 2pm. But the ride out has got to be fun as much if not more than getting there. Gonna take my time and enjoy. Wave if you see me,... I am the old guy with a big smile on my face. Hope to meet some nice folks and check out some cool stuff ! Ride safe and often!

Old 10-02-2010, 07:15 PM
timetaride
Advanced

Just got back....trip was great!!! Bikefest was lacking. But hey its about the ride. Was wanting to see some cool stuff that are not at the stealer everyday but....as I said...to me the bikefest will need to come a long way to be called a bikefest.......trailor fest ..yes.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:11 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,101 Likes on 3,649 Posts

I see this is just a local small event anyway...Was there a lot of vendors and wasn't it all centered around the dealership? I didn't go because of the weather.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:42 PM
timetaride
Advanced
Default Yep

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
I see this is just a local small event anyway...Was there a lot of vendors and wasn't it all centered around the dealership? I didn't go because of the weather.
Yes it was a small event that was centered around the dealers there/ I did the ride mainly just for the ride and it was great except for a little rain. Nice areas to ride without doubt. Rode down friday. Nice easy ride with a little rain as I got within an hour or so from harbinger. Woke up really early to the most perfect day for riding I could ask for. Checked things out and arounf noon hit the road back. Got home in time for supper! Round trip...840 miles.

Attached Thumbnails Outer Banks Bike fest  anyone going?-019.jpg