Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Dyno Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 04:30 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I was more than satisified with your hospitality and knowledge. I don't think I said anything negative and sincerely hope no one, especially you, took any offense to anything I said. I was trying to be as objective as possible as some members are genuinely interested in using your shop.

I didn't know you had done anything with the tab inside the collector. I appreciate that.

Several members have asked about my experience with you and I did suggest to them to consider using your shop.

I was actually going to post an update to this thread because I had a chance to do about 150 miles today.

I can definitely feel the power. I did have higher expectations for that cam but I do have to tell myself that for the little amount of cash I put into the whole swap, I thought it was a good low-buck mod. I was also aware that I would have that low rpm dip using the Thunderheader. I've browsed plenty of dyno sheets in the past year or so to realize it's just part of the deal. The TH seems to be more of a higher rpm exhaust.

Doing roll-ons from 50mph+ was impressive. The bike most definitely accelerates quicker now. Thankfully I live in the country and could do high speed roll-ons without too much threat from LE. Short bursts to 90mph happened very quickly. The bike felt like it has more power to give.

Not bad for about $500 spent total between cams, parts, and tune.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:48 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
I was more than satisified with your hospitality and knowledge. I don't think I said anything negative and sincerely hope no one, especially you, took any offense to anything I said. I was trying to be as objective as possible as some members are genuinely interested in using your shop.

I didn't know you had done anything with the tab inside the collector. I appreciate that.

Several members have asked about my experience with you and I did suggest to them to consider using your shop.

I was actually going to post an update to this thread because I had a chance to do about 150 miles today.

I can definitely feel the power. I did have higher expectations for that cam but I do have to tell myself that for the little amount of cash I put into the whole swap, I thought it was a good low-buck mod. I was also aware that I would have that low rpm dip using the Thunderheader. I've browsed plenty of dyno sheets in the past year or so to realize it's just part of the deal. The TH seems to be more of a higher rpm exhaust.

Doing roll-ons from 50mph+ was impressive. The bike most definitely accelerates quicker now. Thankfully I live in the country and could do high speed roll-ons without too much threat from LE. Short bursts to 90mph happened very quickly. The bike felt like it has more power to give.

I just sent a long winded PM to Clark. If he can help me out I am ready to take the long trip down there this week if possible!

Old 06-13-2010, 06:43 PM
VRYQUIK
Advanced
Smile

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair

The bad thing about forums and threads is that you can't tell the mood of the writer. I wasn't the least bit upset with what I wrote. As you probably could tell, I am a man of few words unless I know the subject well. You may have also found that when I am tuning, I get into my own little world and probably seem to ignore things that's going on around me. That's why I probably seemed to ignore your question about the Thunderheader because I just automatically bent the tab and richened the AFR. Every once in a while I'll tell the customer that is watching about what I am doing and why, as I did with you.
Feel free to stop by anytime and we'll go to Clark's BBQ.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:14 PM
johnbasf
Cruiser

Originally Posted by VRYQUIK
The bad thing about forums and threads is that you can't tell the mood of the writer. I wasn't the least bit upset with what I wrote. As you probably could tell, I am a man of few words unless I know the subject well. You may have also found that when I am tuning, I get into my own little world and probably seem to ignore things that's going on around me. That's why I probably seemed to ignore your question about the Thunderheader because I just automatically bent the tab and richened the AFR. Every once in a while I'll tell the customer that is watching about what I am doing and why, as I did with you.
Feel free to stop by anytime and we'll go to Clark's BBQ.
Clark, how about some pics of the waitress..LOL

Old 06-13-2010, 07:45 PM
VRYQUIK
Advanced

Originally Posted by johnbasf
Clark, how about some pics of the waitress..LOL

Actually, those that watch "Mad House" on the History Channel, my have seen her. She was in a couple of episodes.