Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Alright you Tennessee Folk

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 11:56 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alright you Tennessee Folk

May the 9th I'm going to be heading up to Soddy Daisy for a week to visit my pops. I'll be up there for a week and will probably spend a good day or two out on the road with the bike. I know of course the dragon is close and all that ****, but are there any roads in the Chattanooga area within 50-75 miles that are worth checking out? Or even better, is there anybody that would be willing to give me a tour? My dad will be working from like 8am until 4pm each day during the week so I'll probably spend a good bit of that out on the road. ANY details/input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Old 04-21-2010, 09:41 AM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Nobody?

Old 04-22-2010, 10:28 AM
StonerGlide
Road Master

Hey Guardian, you might want to take a ride south bound on Lookout Mountain. Can't remember the highway number but it's called the Lookout Mountain Scenic Parkway and is a beautiful ride this time of year especially.
The road ends at a spot called Noccalula Falls which is a 90 foot waterfall and tourist park. I grew up around there.
Along that route you also have Cloudland Canyon park, Desoto State park and lots of other places you can hit on an easy day ride from Choo Choo.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:48 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by StonerGlide
Hey Guardian, you might want to take a ride south bound on Lookout Mountain. Can't remember the highway number but it's called the Lookout Mountain Scenic Parkway and is a beautiful ride this time of year especially.
The road ends at a spot called Noccalula Falls which is a 90 foot waterfall and tourist park. I grew up around there.
Along that route you also have Cloudland Canyon park, Desoto State park and lots of other places you can hit on an easy day ride from Choo Choo.
Thanks man!

Old 04-24-2010, 06:24 PM
SuburbanMom
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There are some great roads in the area. I'll look at my map and see what I can find for you. I grew up on Signal Mountain, not too far from Soddy. Send me a PM to REMIND ME. With my momnesia and old age, I forget easily!

Old 04-25-2010, 12:19 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SuburbanMom
There are some great roads in the area. I'll look at my map and see what I can find for you. I grew up on Signal Mountain, not too far from Soddy. Send me a PM to REMIND ME. With my momnesia and old age, I forget easily!
Thanks! My dad used to do a lot of work up on Signal before he started building boat docks out on the river.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:50 PM
HunterBLT
Tourer

South of Chatt is Cloudland Canyon. I know how to get there from the south headin north but not the other way around. A lot of hang gliders. Another side trip is go up to Cleveland and go over to Benton and get on 411. Go up to Chillhowee and go to the glider port and take a ride over the foothills. Last time I went up it was about 65 bucks and we stayed up quite awhile. If you left earlier enough you could make it over to Leeds Ala to Barber Motorsports and go though the motorcycle museum. WELL WORTH the trip.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:47 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by HunterBLT
South of Chatt is Cloudland Canyon. I know how to get there from the south headin north but not the other way around. A lot of hang gliders. Another side trip is go up to Cleveland and go over to Benton and get on 411. Go up to Chillhowee and go to the glider port and take a ride over the foothills. Last time I went up it was about 65 bucks and we stayed up quite awhile. If you left earlier enough you could make it over to Leeds Ala to Barber Motorsports and go though the motorcycle museum. WELL WORTH the trip.
Thanks man!

Old 04-26-2010, 01:11 AM
leadman
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Follow Hwy.27 north out of Soddy,thru Dayton.Keep going north & turn right on Hwy.68.
Follow 68 thru Sweetwater to Tellico Plains.When in Tellico Plains go past Hardees & turn
left.Go straight up the Cherohala Skyway to Robbinsville NC.Longer than 50 mis.,but well
worth the trip.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:35 AM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by leadman
Follow Hwy.27 north out of Soddy,thru Dayton.Keep going north & turn right on Hwy.68.
Follow 68 thru Sweetwater to Tellico Plains.When in Tellico Plains go past Hardees & turn
left.Go straight up the Cherohala Skyway to Robbinsville NC.Longer than 50 mis.,but well
worth the trip.
I am quite familiar with 68, but never knew of the route past Hardees. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Alright you Tennessee Folk