Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

CBA Swap Meet - Charlotte, NC

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009 | 10:19 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member

I went on Saturday and agree that "worth" is subjective....I spent 20 bucks on gas, paid 12 bucks to get in, spent 10 bucks on some crappy food, and only bought 5 bucks worth of parts that I didn't really need, but I did get to ride 300+ miles with 7 friends, so it was worth it.

Old 11-15-2009 | 10:59 AM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member

Wish I could have made it. The weather this weekend has been fantastic, but alas, I am at work. Story of my life..

Old 11-15-2009 | 01:54 PM
Nabubba
Road Master

Didn't get to go either. On Thursday night after my oldest basketball game she informs me that she is playing in a tournament this weekend in Forest City for a different team. So after the mandatory meeting at work Saturday morning I was on my way to Forest City to watch her play. Saturday shot....lol

So I am thinking Sunday I can still make it well at 3:30 this morning I get a phone call from my mom and my youngest is running a temp and feels bad so in the truck I go to get her so here I am watching football with a sick child hearing all the motorcycles rolling down the road. Man life really kicks ya when you are down....lol

Old 11-15-2009 | 11:23 PM
jcopel
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Enjoy the ride.
Hey man, I was lucky enough to get a free pass to the Wheels Through Time museum from a closeby forum member and we opted for a trip to Maggie Valley, NC. Reading the posts out here, I'm real glad we did. Not that I wouldn't have enjoyed it, but not really looking to buy anything, and that museum is incredible.
If any of you in the area haven't seen it yet, I'd highly recommend a trip over there. They're only opened on a limited basis, and very little in the winter, but Dale (the owner) said, "if we see some folks standing out front on a nice day, we'll come down and let 'em in." If you want to go, check out there website for schedule - www.wheelsthroughtime.com
V - give me a shout the next time you're in the neighborhood. Maybe next summer y'all can come up for a QS&L wed. bike-nite/thurs-fri mountain ride/HDoG last Fri of the month bike nite weekend!

Old 11-16-2009 | 11:17 PM
SC-Longhair
|
Club Member

Will do John. I may be moving back towards Columbia if things work out. Will make that ride to G'ville not so bad and about half the time it would normally take me.

I seem to remember seeing many chances to get in trouble and I also remember getting in trouble for the pics of the yellow skirt that allowed me to keep my man-card. My chick was not too happy at all with those pics. Better to ask forgiveness than permission.

Old 11-17-2009 | 08:05 AM
SC-Longhair
|
Club Member

One thing I will say....wish I had some extra cash because there were some excellent deals on springer front ends. Original HD springers. ~700-800. I did see one in the 400 range but it was in bad shape.

Old 11-18-2009 | 12:57 PM
Brettcr
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jcopel
Hey man, I was lucky enough to get a free pass to the Wheels Through Time museum from a closeby forum member and we opted for a trip to Maggie Valley, NC. Reading the posts out here, I'm real glad we did. Not that I wouldn't have enjoyed it, but not really looking to buy anything, and that museum is incredible.
If any of you in the area haven't seen it yet, I'd highly recommend a trip over there. They're only opened on a limited basis, and very little in the winter, but Dale (the owner) said, "if we see some folks standing out front on a nice day, we'll come down and let 'em in." If you want to go, check out there website for schedule - www.wheelsthroughtime.com
V - give me a shout the next time you're in the neighborhood. Maybe next summer y'all can come up for a QS&L wed. bike-nite/thurs-fri mountain ride/HDoG last Fri of the month bike nite weekend!

This is one of the best places EVER! Your jaw drops just walking through the entrance. I would love to go back but thought they weer closed for good. I heard they opened recently for a weekend but didn't know they still remained opened. Dale told us last time we went that they were shipping alot of their bikes out west and they had a private auction a while back. Did you see a lot less bikes in there or was this your first time going?

Old 11-19-2009 | 08:46 AM
jcopel
Cruiser

It was my first time, but the place was pretty packed. You're right, I've never seen or imagined a collection like he had in that place. The impression I got from Dale was that Maggie Valley was kind of pushing him out - didn't want a biker hangout in town - and he was planning on moving a few years back. But he changed his mind and decided not to move and only open on a limited basis. (I wonder if the politicians in Maggie Valley are cousins with those in Myrtle Beach - idiots - let's reduce our number of visitors each year - we have too much money.)
He's a really nice guy and that is an awesome place.
Here's a link to a thread (didn't mean to hijak this one) where I posted some pics and a video of Dale and my buddy cranking a 1917 Henderson.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...yesterday.html

Old 11-19-2009 | 10:06 AM
SC-Longhair
|
Club Member

I just google mapped from Robbinsville, nc to Maggie Valley. I should have stayed up there one more day and hit the museum. Unfortunately, I didn't have that kind of time.

John, do you have any other pics from inside the museum?

Old 11-20-2009 | 06:48 AM
jcopel
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
John, do you have any other pics from inside the museum?
Not real good ones - they were all taken with my phone and my battery was dyin' (story of my life

Attached Thumbnails CBA Swap Meet - Charlotte, NC-img_0197.jpg   CBA Swap Meet - Charlotte, NC-img_0188.jpg   CBA Swap Meet - Charlotte, NC-img_0189.jpg   CBA Swap Meet - Charlotte, NC-img_0190.jpg   CBA Swap Meet - Charlotte, NC-img_0192.jpg  

Quick Reply: CBA Swap Meet - Charlotte, NC