Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Eureka Springs, AR Biker Destination?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Eureka Springs, AR Biker Destination?

What’s happening in Eureka Springs? Any good biker bars or anything? Good places to eat maybe?

I’m thinking about a road trip from Oklahoma City down to the Talimena Drive to camp and over to Hot Springs to camp – then up Hwy 7 to Eureka Springs to camp…..this fall when the color starts to change.

I’ve never been to Eureka Springs. I see it touted as a biker destination on the Arkansas State website. What are the ‘biker destinations?’

Thanks!

Old 06-19-2009, 08:19 PM
capt945
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eurkea Springs is a great little town, I went there last Sept. for the biker, blues & BBQ Fest. Had a great time!!! Met a Fayetteville firefighter ( I'm a N.O. firefighter) his girlfriend owns and operates the Cathouse Saloon & Rest. in E.S. The ride to and around E.S. is great and for us flatlanders it was and incrediable ride.
Next time I visit i'm staying in E.S. instead of Fayetteville!!!

Hope this helps.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:06 PM
garyl
Cruiser

Have done the E.S. ride numerous times. I agree with Capt. It is a great little town. Rooms are great. The atmosphere there has been really good for us. Numerous bars to wet your whistle. The scenery or riding is what we really enjoy. The Cresent Hotel is a must see. Stop in at the Chamber of Commerce and they can steer you to the local sites.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:42 PM
mkizer
Advanced

I will have to say that I live in arkansas and have gone to Eureka several times but a ride that is also really nice is hwy 7 to Harrison and they have a restored motel called seville that caters to bikers and its a awesome deal! The room is just awesome and they have covered parking, wash bay for your bike and we got a special King deluxe room, 50 meal voucher at thier bar and by the way the food and drinks were great, 2 30 minute massages and breakfest the next morning and all of this was 190.00.... I travel for my job and stay in some nice motels but this was as nice as any Hilton and nicer then most. The hotel was built in the 1920's and they restored it and then ride over to Mt. view its all pretty.... do a search for hotel seville in Harrison and I promise you that you wont be let down.. Nothing like a good massage after you have rode 300 miles and then be ready for the next day..

Old 07-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Mtdew
Intermediate

I know they suppose to open a Saloon near the Pig Trail HD store called the Rockin Pig Saloon. Sometime in July. It might already be open.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:48 PM
mkizer
Advanced

I was there last weekend and I didnt see it??? I went to the HD store and rode through there numerous times..... But i could have missed it.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:57 AM
Bluetoys
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many great roads in ES area.

These are a couple of nice little rides to play on. They are good for an evening ride or when you just want a short filler ride.

A good one is to take 62 east out of ES, turn North onto 143 and follow it until you hit MO 86 (you need a helmet to be legal) take 86 west to 23 and follow it back to ES.

You could go west out of ES on 62 and turn left onto 187 at the gas station. 187 winds around back to hwy 62.
In that section of 187 is a great business called Cycle Gadgets. We visited them to look around and they not only welcomed us into their showroom, but also encouraged us to wander around their stockroom too. It is an amazing place to visit and buy all kinds of cool accessories for your bike. Definately worth your time to stop and look around if you are looking for an electronic gadget for your bike.
Turn left onto 62 and follow it for a mile or so, then turn right onto 187. It is a nice little road that goes through a town called Beaver and over a wood plank suspension bridge. Follow 187 out to Hwy 23 and turn right to go back to ES.

Ride to Harrison on 62, go to Hwy 7 and follow it to 74. Then follow 74 til it picks up 43. follow 74/43 to Hwy 21. stay on 21 when it splits off of 74 at Kingston and follow 21 back up to Hwy 62 at Berryville. Or, instead of going to 62, turn left at 221 and follow it to County road 302 and turn right to follow it up to ES.

These are only a couple of suggestions for great riding roads.

If you need a place to stay in ES, there are many biker friendly motels. My suggestion would be to contact Ray at the Rodeway Swiss holiday resort, tell him a Doof Clena referred you. We had our international meet there and he took great care of us.
Matt

Last edited by Bluetoys; 07-13-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:50 PM
M.PRUCINSKY
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spent last week in Branson and the wife and I rode down to Eureka Springs. Great ride on 86 out of branson to 21 and into E S om 62. The town is VERY biker friendly. GREAT TIME

Old 07-27-2009, 11:07 PM
ky_ace
Road Master

ES if a fun little area. It seemed as though it's a sleepy town though. All the shops and stores in "down town" were closed by 6 when we rolled through. it seemed about 50% of the businesses in the area had gone under. It looks like there are a TON of awesome roads to ride. I plan to go back next spring, or possibly this fall if funds come together for a little 4 day adventure.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:20 PM
freekj
Stage I
Default Rockin Pig Saloon

ES is a great biker destination! It is a very unique town with lots of biker friendly establishments! I would have to recommend the Rockin' Pig Saloon for a great place to eat burgers, bbq or pizza. They use fresh ingredients and ground their burgers fresh everyday. They have a good bar and a friendly staff! They are located right off of 62 in the same shopping center as the Harley store and just down the road from the Rodeway INN!

Quick Reply: Eureka Springs, AR Biker Destination?