Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

GA Hog Rally

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 06:06 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts
Default GA Hog Rally

This year it is in Helen Georgia, very good riding area. Can I get some input on how good of a state Rally the GA HOGS put on? I think the NC rally sucks myself but I don't want to judge all the different state rally's by what our state does. I am thinking about setting up as a vendor there.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I can't help you with any info on the GA HOG hospitality but the Helen area is absolutely a great place to visit and ride. We took a long weekend trip there last May and I'm wanting to go back. Nice town, plenty of great roads. It seems that the Blue Ridge mountains in NC get all the publicity but it's just as nice in north Georgia.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:47 PM
meanderer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my first year as a HOG member and will likely be my first HOG rally. I live about 15 miles from Helen and love the riding in this part of Georgia. I can't help you on what to expect, but I've talked to the folks in Helen where most of the vendors will be set up and they said they're expecting somewhere around 10,000 bikes. I do know that the HOG folks are still trying to nail down the itinerary and rally specifics. They published a list of things that will be going on, but haven't given out too many details beyond that.

If you decide to come, maybe I'll be able to get over there and stop by your booth.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:41 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Went to the one in Macon a couple of years ago and it was okay but we weren't there for the whole deal so take that with a grain of salt. Have ridden in the Helen area many times and it's a great locale. Beautiful up there; lots of good riding; good accomodations and food.