Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Myrtle Beach

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 06:17 PM
BlackOak
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell, I'm not trying to **** on anyones parade. Its plain MB doesnt want Bikers or Motorcyclist in their city, and they will most likely prosecute that at every opportunity. I can think of plenty of places to ride that are more incline to welcome those who ride than MB. I will be playing in the Smokeys, where they appreciate riders. Hope you have a ton of fun...though riding city streets isnt as much fun as carving a country road.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:45 AM
NAMVET
Tourer

Originally Posted by BlackOak
Hell, I'm not trying to **** on anyones parade. Its plain MB doesnt want Bikers or Motorcyclist in their city, and they will most likely prosecute that at every opportunity. I can think of plenty of places to ride that are more incline to welcome those who ride than MB. I will be playing in the Smokeys, where they appreciate riders. Hope you have a ton of fun...though riding city streets isnt as much fun as carving a country road.
I understand what you are saying, but if we cave every time some one wants bikes out of their area, what message does that send.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:45 AM
BlackOak
Tourer

Horry Co. buys noise meters before biker rallies

CONWAY, SC (AP) - Horry County has bought six sound meters for its police officers to use during motorcycle rallies on the South Carolina coast next month.

Public Safety Director Paul Whitten told The Sun News of Myrtle Beach that the decibel readings taken by the meters will make it easier for noise complaints to stick in court.

The county also plans to use the meters to check noise coming from bars, businesses and vehicles.

County Councilman Howard Barnard says the law may be tweaked if the noise meters find the upper level for decibels is too low.

Noise ordinance violators can face a $200 fine or 30 days in jail.

(what message does that send?)

Old 04-19-2009, 07:26 AM
NAMVET
Tourer

I like this part.

"County Councilman Howard Barnard says the law may be tweaked if the noise meters find the upper level for decibels is too low."

So the cops will have an extra tool for those who break the law, I don't see that as a big problem. We all live in states that have BS laws and we deal with it every day.
Do I like it, No, but I can deal with a law that targets those with open pipes, who get their rocks off sitting at a stop light reving their motor to make noise and draw attention to them. Every group has one.
I know MB has gone out of their way to make it hard on bikers coming to their town. I won't go into their town and spend any money there, but I will go to places that want our business south and north of MB.
We go down there to ride in warmer weather, and not get tied up in their silly BS
politics. If they target some a$$bag on his bike reving his motor with the intent to just make noise, he needs a ticket, all he is doing is projecting a negetive image on the rest of us, and we have enough problems without his help.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:44 AM
BlackOak
Tourer
Wink

I agree, those douche bags that sit and crack their throttles constantly irritate the **** outta me too. I guess what pisses me the most is the city of MB going out of their way to target bikers & motorcyclist with a vengence.

If everyone would stay away from MB we can send a message back to the city. They want to hit us in our pocketbook, we should slap them back twice as hard. Dont think those business owners dont own and operate other businesses outside the city limits of MB too. They know riders are coming, they are jacking up the prices, the rules, the fines, and anything else they can to get your money, or hassle folks. I cant for the life of me understand why people are going there anyway, especially when in that part of the country there are so many other options to explore....

As I said, y'all have fun, and expect a full report on how things went...

Old 04-20-2009, 09:41 AM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wife and I along with two other couples are going. We are staying at the Lakewood RV Park. Lookin to meet a few members and having a great time reguardless of the new laws in MB city limits. Just my 2...

Old 04-20-2009, 12:52 PM
NAMVET
Tourer

Originally Posted by HotRoc54
The wife and I along with two other couples are going. We are staying at the Lakewood RV Park. Lookin to meet a few members and having a great time reguardless of the new laws in MB city limits. Just my 2...

Lakewood is a great place, we always camp on the far south side backed up to the
fence in a gray toyhauler/ gray chevy dually with 82nd Airborne tags.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:30 PM
german ladyrider
Received 142 Likes on 108 Posts

Wanna meet some guys of you too.... Will be there with my hubby.

Last edited by german ladyrider; 04-20-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:41 PM
dc1503
Tourer

the ol and i are going too, i will be staying in nmb for the 1st time. planning on avoiding mb proper as much as possible. 23 days and counting !!

Old 04-27-2009, 07:38 AM
Quickstang83
Advanced
Default Myrtle Beach

Rode down To North Myrtle this weekend had no problems talked to the guys down ate Myrtle Beach HD they said that the cops that they have talked to hate the new laws because they have to write all these tickets and that they don't care how loud your pipes are as long as you have on a DOT helmet and and protective eye wear. They said they just put D.O.T. sticers on there helmets. Theres a sign heading into MB from North MB that says "entering MB city limits helmets required". And do not park more than two bikes in one space they said if you and a buddy park in the same spot and some jerk off you dont know parks in the spot with you (being the third bike) because of that 3rd bike all of them get tickets. Dont worry go down to NMB and have a good time just be cautious in MB city limits.

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach