Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Swap Meet

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009 | 06:26 PM
Quickstang83
|
Advanced
Default Swap Meet

Anybody gonna try to make it to the swap meet in Charlotte on Sunday?
Let me know if the wind isnt too bad im gonna try to ride out there anyone going email me Quickstang83@yahoo.com

Old 03-28-2009 | 08:29 PM
Funnygirl
Road Captain

We were thinking about going but decided $12 bucks was a lot to pay to shop.
Anybody else starting to think that's a little steep?

Old 03-28-2009 | 09:42 PM
swampy
Intermediate

I was thinking of going to. On Sunday from 10 to 1 its buy 1 ticket get 1 free. Not to bad i guess. I hope the weather holds out.

Old 03-28-2009 | 09:46 PM
Brettcr
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Funnygirl
We were thinking about going but decided $12 bucks was a lot to pay to shop.
Anybody else starting to think that's a little steep?
Heck yeah.. especially since most of the stuff is kinda crappy (no harm meant to the little man shops that setup there, sorry if i stepped on toes!). As far as the clothing and jackets and shoes and stuff... truly say i've seen better prices at the local stealership,or they're just extremely low quality stuff. As far as parts and accessories, i suppose if your looking for something in particular you can find good deals but you have to search. I usually go for the ride and the comraderie of the local riders but since it's a crappy weekend, that didn't even work out. I love the CBA and how they fight for us but I agree though... lower the door prices these days! It's tough to live in this economy to pay to shop! Especially when i usually leave empty handed most of the time.

(i know i have offended someone by the things said so if i did i am truly sorry. I know that there is good stuff there to but once you pay an entrance fee the tshirt or small thing you just bought just became way over priced. Aftr saying all this, i also say you will probably still see me at the next one weather willing )

Last edited by Brettcr; 03-28-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-29-2009 | 03:04 AM
karz10
Road Master

I was thinking of going, asked a few friends but none can make it. Man, I might pay $6 but $12? I've never been to one, so I don't know whether it's worth it.

My thinking was I'd walk around and look at stuff, maybe stay a couple hours, but I wasn't planning on camping out there all day. Maybe they think the $12 is worth it for those who make a day of it w/ whatever activities they have? I dunno.

I was wanting to go if it was sunny Sun, figured it'd be a better day to go, but at the same time, if it's sunny, I'd like to ride some, not hang out at some event all day...

A friend told me this place called the Ponderosa in Rock Hill on 21 near intersection of 21/Celenease/Cherry Rd was having a free pig pickin for bikers tomorrow too, I might ck that out for a bit.

Old 03-29-2009 | 05:33 AM
Road Warrior
Thumbs up

i live 4 miles from the place and will not pay 12.00 to shop whem i moved to chalotte 12 years ago i went to a car show/swab meet there it was 10.00 to get in have not been back pay to shop I DONT THINK SO

Old 03-29-2009 | 06:35 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

I definitely understand the cover charge gripe, but remember the CBA doesn't own the Metrolina Expo. They rent it and I'm sure it's not cheap. The Easyrider show in January was 2x the price per person and it completely sucked a$$.

Old 03-29-2009 | 11:00 AM
broncoboy9899
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
I definitely understand the cover charge gripe, but remember the CBA doesn't own the Metrolina Expo. They rent it and I'm sure it's not cheap. The Easyrider show in January was 2x the price per person and it completely sucked a$$.
Yep, but the band was great!

Old 03-29-2009 | 07:18 PM
Quickstang83
|
Advanced

$12 was a little much I was meeting some peopl up there and as soon as I got in the gate they left. So I walked around by myself same thing as always there was somewhat of a better turn out than in the fall but still 12 bucks too much Ill go next time and hang out in the parking lot for free.

Old 03-29-2009 | 10:28 PM
Funnygirl
Road Captain

I know it costs a lot to rent that space but the vendors all pay to be there too.
I rented the smallest spot available last Fall & it cost me $100.
Multiply that times all the booths rented, some are bigger so they pay more.
Then $12 times however many thousand people come through the gate in two days...
They probably get the band for a couple hundred bucks.
Like Brett said, $12 makes the tee shirt you bought not such a good deal.

I didn't realize it was buy one get one free on Sundays before 1.
Maybe we'll go next time.