Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Any good rides in Pasco county?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 06:58 PM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Any good rides in Pasco county?

I live in New Port Richey and a few of us get together every Monday for a ride. Do any of you guys know of a good scenery ride to take? I am just looking for some great rides with some good places to eat. Thanks.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:34 PM
wctom
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only way I ride on Mondays is in to work.

Saturday and Sunday we ride the back roads of Pasco. Bellamy Brothers Blvd is supposed to be a good ride. We're doing that this Sunday. We're down in Wesley Chapel, and we just head north on one of the back roads until we can't go any farther, head east, west, or whatever the road allows, and keep going until we figure we've gone far enough. Then we try to figure out how to get home. It's made for some interesting rides. I always like it when we're riding and we see signs like Welcome to Hernando County, or Citrus County. We figure it's time to turn around.

I've just always pulled up Google Maps, and zoomed in on Pasco, pick out some roads and ride.

We've started taking Curley Road off Hwy 54, north, and then into San Antonio. The San Antonio Market seems to be a real nice biker friendly place. One Sunday there were probably 20 bikes there, and last Sunday, we were the 2nd and 3rd bikes in the parking lot when we arrived. By the time we left, there must have been 20 or more, and more coming every minute.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:35 PM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go up 19 to 24 at Otter Springs go east 20 mi or so and hit Cedar Key . nice place ,Shops resturants and bars. Just outside of Cedar Key on 24 a mile west of Rosewood is a great all you can eat seafood resturant and fish shop. called Pattersons or petersons. They have delicous food. Be about a 2hr trip from New Port Richey. Little traffic once you get passed Crystal River. Damn! you made me hungry, If you see a black FLHT there monday at lunch It'll be me.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:25 PM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

wctom~ We actually went to San Antonio last MOnday and went to some mexican resturant across from the firestaion...it was good. We also looked around at all of the shops.
Bob I think that will be our trip for this Monday...If ya see a 5'11 blonde biker chick that would be me!

Old 02-15-2009, 09:10 PM
MarkM
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bellamy Brothers Rd. north to St. Joe Rd. Take a right, go to Jessamyn Rd, and take a left. Follow it around til it ends, then go right on Blanton. Take a left just past the little gas station on Blanton onto Trilby Rd. This is a very scenic ride with a quite a few twisties and hills. When you get into Trilby, take a left on 98. Go north a few miles to 50, then take a left. When you get to the light at Spring lake rd. (Hess station on corner is a popular stop for bikes), take a left and go south a few miles to Hayman Rd. Take a right, and follow it all the way back to Bellamy brothers rd. If you're hungry after all that, go down to 52, take a left and head into San Antonio and eat at Pancho's again. Best mexican food around.

Have fun!