Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

crystal river

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009 | 09:37 PM
titusvilleharley
|
Banned For Ripping Off HDF Members
Default crystal river

we did our crystal river ride on sunday and man the weather was perfect. we took all back roads. my friend has a 2007 s.g and my 2008 s.g and his brother in law had a yammy. we rode from titusville all the way to the west coast. we rode out on the ozzelo trail which was a nice two lane that came to a dead end out near the gulf with a nice seafood place called pecks. the road had some nice twisties and i did some heavy leaning and the s.g performed like a champ. after we left the ozzelo trail we headed back to hwy 19 went south to the crystal river harley dealer. then made our way back to hwy 44 through inverness under I75 through eustis leesburgh back home 10 hours and 300.4 miles a smile on my face and 18 dollors in gas priceless.. thanks dan m.

Old 02-12-2009 | 03:47 AM
hardluk1
Road Master

I am now in Nc mountians and guys up here don't understand why i still like all the flat land of fl. Man it ain't even that it is just the ride. One can get on roads that just don't have much traffic and still find these little places to get some of the greatest seafood ever and do up and down the state ,except the 2 couple deep area's along the coast in most places. I use to ride up that way from naples and get over to 19 from around Brookesville way and run up south of tallahasee for some oysters and a long weekend ride. Never see much for traffic except for the interstate crossing area's. Use to be a good seafood place in downtown titusville just off us1,always had to park in a big dirt lot behind ,kind a rustic but back. Had good seafood there. Pick a weekend and go down to Everglades City and stay at The Rod and Gun Club. Ride over to Isle's OF Capri to eat at Pelican Bend OR REST, can't remember with a search but it is only one of too places there. Big meal first class ,long line of locals but worth while. Use to be a marina. Go down one side of the big lake and come back up there other going thrue Halopaw area. Even down to Clewiston for a over nighter at Rowland Martins Marinia, hang at the river side Chicky bar. And see if the local vfw is doing there weekend cook out . Good motel and aptments too rent to if a small group of couples. In lived in Naples. Been on every darn road in that state i think.

Last edited by hardluk1; 02-12-2009 at 03:52 AM.
Old 02-12-2009 | 03:56 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member

Lots of good roads to cruise on in FL just need to know them The Ocala Forest area is nice .. 98 From Perry West is great until get past Port St Joe then crowds up a little but still not all that bad can find some of the finest seafood anywhere on the Gulf and Appalachicola Oysters are King ... Sheesh wanting to take a ride there now before Oyster Season comes to a close ...

Old 02-12-2009 | 09:37 AM
titusvilleharley
|

Originally Posted by hardluk1
I am now in Nc mountians and guys up here don't understand why i still like all the flat land of fl. Man it ain't even that it is just the ride. One can get on roads that just don't have much traffic and still find these little places to get some of the greatest seafood ever and do up and down the state ,except the 2 couple deep area's along the coast in most places. I use to ride up that way from naples and get over to 19 from around Brookesville way and run up south of tallahasee for some oysters and a long weekend ride. Never see much for traffic except for the interstate crossing area's. Use to be a good seafood place in downtown titusville just off us1,always had to park in a big dirt lot behind ,kind a rustic but back. Had good seafood there. Pick a weekend and go down to Everglades City and stay at The Rod and Gun Club. Ride over to Isle's OF Capri to eat at Pelican Bend OR REST, can't remember with a search but it is only one of too places there. Big meal first class ,long line of locals but worth while. Use to be a marina. Go down one side of the big lake and come back up there other going thrue Halopaw area. Even down to Clewiston for a over nighter at Rowland Martins Marinia, hang at the river side Chicky bar. And see if the local vfw is doing there weekend cook out . Good motel and aptments too rent to if a small group of couples. In lived in Naples. Been on every darn road in that state i think.
in titusville i think your talking about dixie crossroads famous for rock shrimp

Old 02-12-2009 | 09:40 AM
titusvilleharley
|

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk
Lots of good roads to cruise on in FL just need to know them The Ocala Forest area is nice .. 98 From Perry West is great until get past Port St Joe then crowds up a little but still not all that bad can find some of the finest seafood anywhere on the Gulf and Appalachicola Oysters are King ... Sheesh wanting to take a ride there now before Oyster Season comes to a close ...
a lot of the backroads were nice just pasture land some swampy areas just continus riding no big towns. you can google ozzelo trail florida and the oyster sandwhich was great. also on the way home i notice a guy passing us on a honda no big deal except he was wearing bright pink socks laughed so hard about fell off the bike.

Last edited by titusvilleharley; 02-12-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-12-2009 | 04:16 PM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member

Next time stretch your ride out an hour or so and take 19 north to 24 at otter creek and head for Cedar Key. nice ride!

Old 02-12-2009 | 06:44 PM
hardluk1
Road Master

Do remember the rock shimp so most be it. Dam can't wait to get down for a ride again.

Old 02-12-2009 | 06:52 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by honestbob
Next time stretch your ride out an hour or so and take 19 north to 24 at otter creek and head for Cedar Key. nice ride!

Just Holler Bob be glad to meet up with you anytime ... Go through Trenton quite often...