Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Fayetteville, NC Cape Fear HD

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 10:55 AM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fayetteville, NC Cape Fear HD

I'm in the military overseas, currently have a bike on order for when I return. Just curious if anyone has anything good or bad to say about the dealership. How are they to deal with and how is thier service dept.?

Old 01-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Chief X
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our company has worked with Cape Fear (mostly Duke, the Parts Manager) and they are (to us) a really good dealership. I know a couple of their customers who really are pleased with them.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:33 AM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 340 Posts

That's our local dealer here. They're not to bad as dealers go, the worst no, the best no. I have been treated fairly there, as stated above Duke and the parts guys are very good. I got the run-around from the chick in service once, so now I'll go to someone else. They did do a warranty fix on a saddle bag lock on a bike I didn't buy from them without any problems or hastle. They're a bit pricey (IMO), better deals can be made at ***'s (ashboro) or Ray Price (Raliegh), Prices' is where I got my latest. I think CF is higher because they know they have the military market.

Now, having said all that, i would still frequent them, they've done nothing so bad as to lose my business. They are just trying to make a buck like everyone else.

EDIT: got so wrapped up typing I forgot to say Thanks for all you guys are doing, and be careful. Hope to see ya on the road.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Keith E.
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stopped there(Fayetteville H-D dealer) back in November to check on an '09 Ultra. I asked for a trade-in value on my bike, an '07 Ultra which was parked right outside. I'd been checking dealers from Daytona on up 95. Dude never left his desk, shot me a quote and I was gone. Total time at the dealer was about ten minutes. 50 miles on up the road I spoke with another dealer. $3500 higher trade-in allowance along with someone interested in talking to me. Maybe I just caught the Fay'ville guy on a bad day.

Keith

Old 01-30-2009, 11:09 PM
NewHarleyGear
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

That's my local dealership also. You can find a better deal on a new bike somewhere else. They usually will not discount off of MSRP. No parts discount either. I would wait until you return and shop around. There are plenty of bikes in everyone's inventory. I have a friend who just bought a new ultra classic and saved $2,000 when buying from a dealership in Wilmington, NC (less than a 100 miles away).

Old 01-31-2009, 01:23 AM
bald1der
Road Warrior

My bike is already on order from Overseas Military Sales, I'm just having it shipped there cause it's my local dealer. I was really wondering how the service dept is and far as dependability and service.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:21 AM
Weevil
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by glebo
That's our local dealer here. They're not to bad as dealers go, the worst no, the best no. I have been treated fairly there, as stated above Duke and the parts guys are very good.

Now, having said all that, i would still frequent them, they've done nothing so bad as to lose my business. They are just trying to make a buck like everyone else.

EDIT: got so wrapped up typing I forgot to say Thanks for all you guys are doing, and be careful. Hope to see ya on the road.
Pretty much sums up my opinion also. The Quality Control manager is retired Army and is a good guy (old platoon sergeant of mine).

Off topic (and not wanting to clutter up the General Harley Chat), for those in the Fayetteville area, are there any Indy shops that you would recommend for repair and service?

Appreciate your service in the Armed Forces bald1der, stay safe.

Last edited by Weevil; 01-31-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:29 AM
bald1der
Road Warrior

While I've not had them do any work for me, A buddy of mine said these guys were good. He had them do the pipes and some other work on his Fat Boy.

Bob Marlow's Motorcycles Inc
5100 Raeford Rd # B
Fayetteville, NC 28304
(910) 423-5282‎

Old 01-31-2009, 08:14 AM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 340 Posts

As far as work at CF, you should have no problem. As far as it's warranty, their prices are high like any other dealer. I have had good experiences with them on two warranty issues I've had. One was a bad ign swtitch when I had my dyna, and the other was the saddle bag lock. Other that waiting on parts, I had no problems.

From what I've heard, Marley's is good on older bikes, I have not heard anything on how they are on the new.

Nelson's in Rockfish is a good indy, he used to be on old reaford rd near the lake rim area (off cliffdale). He does good service interval work for a good price, and he DOES it, not just pencil whip it, like alot of dealers do.

Another is Elite Motors/Cycles (can't remember) at the end of Hope Mills rd right at 301. I've been to him several times and he is straight up. I have not had any heavy work done, IE motor/trans/upgrade or whatever but he's done me right on a couple of tires and state inspections.

There's another near Legion Rd in Hope mills, but I've heard so so on them.

I would say it's between Nelson's and Elite. If I had any work done, I'd get quotes from them.

Good Luck, hopefully by the time ya get back it will be good riding wx.

Stay safe.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:42 AM
NewHarleyGear
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I have my bike serviced at Veteran's Cycle Service in Dunn, NC (25 miles north of Fayetteville, straight up Hwy 95). William is a certifed H-D mechanic that worked at Ray Price for years. He does a great job and doesn't overcharge on the hours. His rate is $50.00 per hour and will allow you to watch and ask as many questions as you like. He charged me $140.00 for a 10,000 mile service and went through everything (and, I mean everything. Tightened every bolt, spokes, etc.). The shop is owned by a Veteran and they are willing to work with you on labor for special jobs.

Last edited by NewHarleyGear; 01-31-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Fayetteville, NC Cape Fear HD