Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

CBA Swapmeet - Charlotte, NC

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 03:13 AM
blown alcohol
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

drive the cage pay to park
ride the bike parking is free, or atleast that's the way it has been in the past. They have parking place roped off just for the bikes.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:04 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Well, there were definitely less vendors than usual. I can't complain...gave me a few hours away from home...the baby...the girlfriend. Just me and my bike. I did get some pics and video of the 'wet t-shirt' contest. Doubt I can post it here.

I did score a few finds. Got the hd smoke lens 'kit' for $3...custom taillight bracket for $10 (jpcycles has the same bracket for $35), and a sissybar mount chrome luggage rack for $20.

One guy was selling Leatherworks saddlebags WITH easybrackets for $75.00.

Lots of other good deals and some very cool antique scoots.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:58 AM
1tuffceo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also hung out for a few hours and came away with what I thought were bargains. First, I picked up a new gas tank for my street bob so I can have some custom work done. Brand new, no probs for $150.

Second, I got a set of Progressive 11" shocks for my bob new in the box for $50! I check online they're like $195!

Although I don't have the "biker" look I did have a very good time and everyone was very friendly.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:22 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Yeah, I saw a bunch of cheap sets of 11" Progressives $40-$50/set. I contemplated but since I wasn't up on the part no. I didn't really get into them too much.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:32 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

One thing I definitely saw a few of was the SE 103 pistons. They weren't expensive at all. Had I thought about it, I would have bought a set then just had my jugs bored. I also saw a bunch of cams for sale, mostly crane and andrews. I definitely could have gone overboard but with a little one at the house and xmas right around the corner....do I need to say anymore?

Old 11-10-2008, 10:05 AM
1tuffceo
Tourer

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Yeah, I saw a bunch of cheap sets of 11" Progressives $40-$50/set. I contemplated but since I wasn't up on the part no. I didn't really get into them too much.
I know what you mean. Since I am a technology nerd I looked up the part numbers on the internet on my cell phone. I started to just buy all of the progressive shocks and sell them on here or ebay.

I wish I knew more about bikes so I could have really bought some stuff, but since I'm so new to it....I just had to look this year.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:31 AM
1tuffceo
Tourer

QUESTION:

How long have you guys been going to this event?

I heard that in years past the event used to be very very rough. In fact, one of my good friends has been going for many many years. He told me that it used to be so rough that the vendors actually had tables where all they sold was drugs. He said they would have the drugs with prices on the tables and they didn't sell anything else.

Anyone remember that?

Old 11-10-2008, 12:55 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

I've been going to the swap meet since '01-'02. I have never seen anything like that. There are definitely some outlaw clubs that will hang out there but never saw anything that would make me stop going. Besides, what they do there is none of my business so I tend to take a blind eye. Hear no evil...see no evil...you know the rest.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:56 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

1tuff...you rode down from W.V. for the swap meet? Damn. It is worth the ride though. I do prefer the spring version. More people, less clothing. Let me rephrase that....More women...less clothing

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 11-10-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:03 PM
EVO80
Road Captain

Good swap meet - didn't buy much but is was great to ride up from the Columbia, SC area for the day (Saturday) and it was fun looking at all the parts for sale. If I had a few bucks laying around I would have bought a shovel head I saw there.

Any idea when they hold it in the spring?

Quick Reply: CBA Swapmeet - Charlotte, NC