Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Myrtle Beach News

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:38 PM
TMace
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Myrtle Beach News

For all attending the Fall Rally...the city council of MB just passed 15 new ordinance of which most take affect immediatly including a helmet ordinance, noise and parking (no more than two bikes per spot). Also addresses parties in hotel parking lots. You can read the article in the Sun News online. The SC Attorney General has been asked to comment and he will issue a state by the end of the week.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:44 PM
BlackGlide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's update w/ link to Myrtlebeachonline

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/new...ry/605611.html

Old 09-24-2008, 05:42 AM
NAMVET
Tourer

The new laws are not that big of a deal, the helmet law in MB won't go into effect for 90 days. We are still going.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:44 AM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NAMVET
The new laws are not that big of a deal, the helmet law in MB won't go into effect for 90 days. We are still going.
Let us know on the forum how it went when you get back.. I got plenty of places to go where the want my money. Screw M.B.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:18 AM
NAMVET
Tourer

Originally Posted by honestbob
Let us know on the forum how it went when you get back.. I got plenty of places to go where the want my money. Screw M.B.
Will do.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Bullwinkle J Moose
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

According to the article here:
http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story...&nav=menu675_2
the loud muffler ordinance is effective immediately and they will impound loud vehicles.

MB can kiss my hairy butt!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:13 PM
kenlovesmelissaj
Road Master

A group of businesses has hired a lawyer and filed a lawsuit against the city for discrimination against bikers and to challenge all these BULLSH*T ordinances

Old 09-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Sheep
Tourer

Originally Posted by honestbob
If you don't go the City has accomplished what they want which is to decrease the size of the rally. They win.

If you do go make sure to drive through the city to add to the traffic issue. Do be sure NOT to stay in the city limits nor spend any money in the city.

City limits:

East to west: High tide line to Bypass 17.

North to South: Junction of 17 and 17-Bypass to about Phillips Blvd just south of the airport.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:01 PM
REX HD
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sheep
If you don't go the City has accomplished what they want which is to decrease the size of the rally. They win.

If you do go make sure to drive through the city to add to the traffic issue. Do be sure NOT to stay in the city limits nor spend any money in the city.

City limits:

East to west: High tide line to Bypass 17.

North to South: Junction of 17 and 17-Bypass to about Phillips Blvd just south of the airport.
Exactly....most of the rally action isn't even in the city limits...

This whole issue with CMB is more of a publicity stunt against bikers than anything. Not to my suprise...Horry County (which is what people really should be concerned about) has done NOTHING.

CMB is just a silly spot on the map, seriously. They think they are bigger than they really are.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Hawgnuttz
Tourer

You know I had decided not to go either but after long thought out consideration I am going and I`m gonna have a great time as usual, the only thing different is I will make sure I do not enter MB city limits. All the MB residents who dont want me (US) there had better stay in their cocooon and not venture out of THEIR City limits unless they want to be around helmetless people riding HD motorcycles. To all those who still might make it down there cya there and have a great time. Boycott MB!!!!! Even when they change their minds I`m still plan on staying outta MB... Unless the rulling dictators change then I might....

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach News