Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Key West, Fla. Trip Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:33 AM
SteveB FLH
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key West, Fla. Trip Questions

Posted a reply in general chat about this but I'll post it again here.....Wife and I are planning a two week trip to Key West, Fla. around Oct. 12th. I wanted to know about places to stay, good eats , sights to see, ect......Not trying to break the bank by any means just trying to find places off the beaten path...Mom and Pop places......What are your experiences?
BTW, this will be a trip celebrating our 25th anniversary......

Old 09-22-2008, 04:01 PM
PRrdglide
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Key west it self is not cheep Better deals at the othe keys better food also on the other keys . Just came back from there this weekend Drop me a pm Also biketober feast is in daytona 16th -19th

Old 09-22-2008, 05:03 PM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there is a nice motel I stayed at ,very clean and a nice pool, affordable and a block off Duval st. (main drag) I think it's called spanish palms or something like that. within easy walk of southernmost point and all the sights on duval st. and parking right up to room door.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:17 PM
EVO80
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the key West Chamber of Commerce web site

http://www.keywestchamber.org/chamber_info/

They have a tab which list's places to stay. If I remember correctly, I called them a few years back on a unexpected trip to Key West (had gone to the Keys for a day trip during a visit to Florida and decided to stay for a few days) for a recommendation and they were able to recommend a place to stay and also gave me a discount code to use with the place - we stayed at the Cuban Club hotel on Duvall Street.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:03 PM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey steve B flh , Sorry but I gave you the wrong motel , my wife said it's SPANISH GARDENS motel.not spanish palms. She works down there as an auditor for 3or4 weeks every year and she says thats one of the better deals.You can look it up on-line. Hope you have a good time.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:55 PM
fastglass
Cruiser

We stayed at the Marriot Fairfield.Covered parking for your bike.Key West is pretty small and it does not take long to sitesee.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:21 PM
LakeDude
Advanced

Fantasy fest is Oct 17-26 will be very crouded and expensive but the best party in the country. beter have reservations.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:22 PM
LakeDude
Advanced

Fantasy fest is Oct 17-26 will be very crowded and expensive but the best party in the country. Best have reservations.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:45 AM
SteveB FLH
Road Warrior

Thanks for all the replies, really looking forward to the trip, hope weather will cooperate.....

Old 09-24-2008, 08:00 AM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Currently deployed overseas and planning a similar trip for next year when I get back with the misses. The place that we have narrowed it down to stay at is http://www.coconutpalminn.com/index.html Doesn't seem to be too expensive. It's in Key Largo about 90 miles from the tip of the Keys. I figured from there we can take day trips further into the Keys but not have to pay the ridiculas prices of actually staying in the Keys.

Quick Reply: Key West, Fla. Trip Questions