Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Bad dealer report Cox's HD Rock Hill! F-

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 06:38 AM
russl179
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FKNDLX
This does nothing more than re-enforce what my post is stating, a trained money can change a kickstand spring if you tell them it's broken, same with pulling the seat and tightening something, or to take it a little further, if you go in with a flat tire or needing an oil change I'm sure they can handle that, anyone with a little common sense and a few tools can also. When it comes to diagnosing the problem, you know what real mechanics do, they cannot handle it.

Picked my bike up Thursday from Charlotte HD, they took the following steps to correct and diagnose the problem, a tech rode the bike for a over 150 miles to attempt to diagnose the problem, the did some research in their internal data base to see if this issue had come up before, they decided to plug the bike in and see if there was any upgrade available for the stage 1 race download. They changed the speed sensor, upgraded the download to a newer version that was changed for bikes that have similar issues (something that ***'s should have found the first time they had my bike) after the 8+ hours and various supplies and etc they put into the bike they had the HD corp rep look at the bike and ride it, he made a few suggestions.

I told Chuck when I brough the bike in that I needed it back to go on a ride on Friday, at 7:40am an hour and 20 minutes before they are actually open, Chuck called and told me he had good news and better news, the good news was they feel the bike is fixed, the better news is that they decided to pay part of the bill out of some fund (forget what he called it) and they would negotiate with HD to pay the remainder, I paid $0.00.

With all of the rain our trip was postponed, I was able to ride it a bit today and it seems like it's possibly corrected, not sure if it's because I have not ridden it in a "normal" state for some time, but I feel like the bike has had some major changes, the only way I will know that it's corrected will be to ride the way I have been and see if the problem comes back, with all the idiots at ***'s put me through I have little confidence that the bike is 100%, I hope it is but we will see...
Like I said, HD of Charlotte is place to go for service.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:06 PM
whodares
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old Thread, but I thought I'd add that they haven't really changed much.

Recently traded in my 10 RKC on an 11 Street Glide.

HD of Charlotte gave me 3K more on trade than ***! 3K! I would understand 500 bucks either way, but with that difference, it's pretty clear to me that they were trying for easy money by being dishonest. I found the sales management to be arrogant and unfriendly as well. The only plus there is that the motorclothes girls were really nice.

HD of Charlotte happily sold me a Street Glide and is getting all of my business from this point. Stay away from ***!