Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Myrtle Beach Spring 09

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Jzabel
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandcrab
Is Moorehead City going to organize a rally /??
Nags Head has one the end of April - last year was 4/25 and Emerald Isle has one the first of Sept.

I'd steer away from Emerald Isle though...talk about the LEO being bad - hell, they are bad every weekend down there.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:15 PM
TMace
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI...The county is starting to follow the city's lead on the ordinances. Horry county has always had a noise ordinance but just not been enforcing it. This spring they will be issueing the cops noise meter to use. The plan is to get a basis to adjust the ordinance if needed so they say. I live 2 hours away from MB and have made as many as 5 trips a year to the beach for various reason both on my bike and with the family in the car. Not any more! I will be going to Folly Beach which is about the same distance or to Wilmington area which is around 3 hours. I will never give MB another dime! The blue hairs want to take the place over, they can have it!

Old 01-03-2009, 06:13 AM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Neckball
The dealers are the ones who should really be pushing for a move. After all, it's their rally. Did you know that?

From their web page, The Carolina Harley-Davidson Dears Association,

Myrtle Beach Spring Rally
"We Started It All"
68 years
The longest continuous running Rally

http://www.chdda.com/index2.html
Thank you for that link.
I have emailed the Association about the final decisions. I am sure I am not the only one who needs to know in order to take the time off, book rooms, etc...

Crossing fingers to see what the results are....

Old 01-03-2009, 08:19 PM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Here is the response I received from the Association. I do appreciate their prompt response as well!

Ken,
I wish I could give you a definite answer to your questions. Here is where things stand now. There will be bikers in the Myrtle Beach area during bike week - the third week in May. Harley-Davidson Motor Company says they will also be in there this year but at what location is still unresolved. The Carolina Harley-Davidson Dealers Association is waiting for Harley-Davidson to announce the site location and is, at the same time, accepting proposals from other beach locations with a deadline of mid February for these posposals to be submitted.
This is the only information I have at this time and it will probably be the end of February before The Carolina Harley-Davidson Dealers Association announces there intentions. As I said, Harley-Davidson will be there with their demo rides, Museum, etc. and hopefully, will be announcing their location soon.
Sandy Owens
The Carolina Harley-Davidson Dealers Association