Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Crowleys Ridge Ride

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 02:36 PM
BlackOak
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crowleys Ridge Ride

Making a ride on the northern leg of Crowley's Ridge, either on the 11th or 12th of March

Running up to Turrell and taking hwy 42 at I-55 west from Turrell to Cherry Valley, then getting on the parkway and head north through Jonesboro, up to Paragould for a Hum-Burger at Hamburger Station, reported to be one of the best hamburgers in the country ( see link at bottom of page ). Then turn back to Memphis.

Its about a 200 mile roundtrip ride.

http://www.hollyeats.com/HamburgerStation.htm

Old 03-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Trimster
Cruiser
Default RE: Crowleys Ridge Ride

Sounds like a fun trip.

Old 03-04-2006, 01:02 AM
BlackOak
Tourer

Yup its should be a good ride. If the rain stays away it will be even better. Temps are suppose to be in the 60's, so its makes for a leather riding weather day thats for sure. Probably will do it on that sunday, cause I have a feeling that they may make me work saturday, but if the weather gods are smiling on the saturday, I'm gonna blow off work and make the ride saturday

Old 03-06-2006, 02:42 AM
BlackOak
Tourer

UPDATE:

Come on out and ride the northern leg of Crowley's Ridge Parkway on sunday March 12th.

Meet Place: The downtown Memphis Visitor Center on Riverside Drive beneath the Mud Island Tram

Meet Time : 10:30 am

The ride will consist of taking the backroads over to Cherry Valley, Arkansas, then heading north on the parkway through Jonesboro to Paragould, Arkansas. Lunch will be had at Hamburger Station in Paragould, reported to be one of the best hamburgers on the planet. http://www.hollyeats.com/HamburgerStation.htm

After Paragould, we will backtrack the route, back to Memphis. Approximate mileage on this ride is 200 miles on the roundtrip.

Accuweather says that the skies will be sunny with temps in the high 60's low 70's

For info on Crowley's Ridge click link below.
http://www.deltabyways.com/tours/crp.asp