Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Smoke Out East

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 10:31 PM
Stillborn
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoke Out East

Any one heading out?

Old 05-25-2008, 04:22 AM
BIGUNXXL
Cruiser
Default RE: Smoke Out East

I'm working on it.hope to make it.never been but wanna go pretty bad.so i hope to see ya there.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:56 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I always go, whether I ride or drive, but with my current schedule I work friday nights 6:30pm to 6:30am saturday morning...then I drive home 80 miles (1.5 hrs) to sleep. If I can get there I will. Not sure I'll spend the night though. I live just south of Rockingham, nc in Cheraw, SC.

Let me know as it gets closer...maybe I'll buy the first round of a cold adult beverage

Old 05-27-2008, 06:56 PM
tattoofreaksb
Tourer

A buddy & I from work were planning on going but he's had to bail on me now. I still plan on going & heading out from the Clayton area 9 or 9:30 that morning. Guess it will just be me & Truckstop Trixxxie (blow up) on the bike headed that way. Bet she won't complain the first damn time about anything on that trip....

Old 06-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Puzzled
Banned

I'll be there! I'm riding down from NE PA Friday morning. I'm going to stay just North of the event in Jonesville Friday night. I'll attend the event Friday night and again Saturday. Saturday evening I'm going to head to Huntersville (North of Charlotte). Sunday if I feel up to it I'm going to run the Blue Ridge Parkway North making my way home.

As of now I'm running down with one buddy on his Street Glide and I on my Road Glide. If anyone is looking to run along or hook up for a BS session while there give a hollar.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Puzzled
Banned

Smoke Out 9 info
New location --and a bunch of great new events planned.

The dates for the 2008 Smoke Out are:

Friday June 20th - starting at 5 pm and going to 11pm
Saturday June 21st – 11:30 am to 11pm
Sunday 10 am to 3 pm

The new location is the Farmington Dragway off I-40 a bit East of where I-40 crosses I-77. It is actually quite easy to get to and we will get one of those cool cartoon maps going as soon as we can. The closest towns are Mocksville and Clemons.

Drag Racing. As the venue name implies we will also have the new addition of ol’ school drag racing. The plan is not to have wheelie bar, air-shifter, timing light and timer type of drag racing. The plan is to be able to run what the average Joe rides in on. No prizes or anything just find someone you think you can beat and line them up. The hottest lady in the shortest skirt waves a scarf and you’re off.

Cost to enter will be as follows:

Wristband good for Fri, Sat and Sunday: $35 per person at the gate, $ 30 if you pre-register (we will get that going way later so don’t e-mail me and ask about that just yet). There is no Friday only pass because it gets way too complicated and we would need like a million different wristbands – sorry.

Saturday Only - $ 30 per person at the gate, there is no pre-registration rate for Sat only wristbands.

(Many of you may be wondering if your Saturday only wristband would get you in Sunday morning and yes – it will - but don’t bring that up. We have a special Sat only rate --and that is the point that we are trying to get across here.)

Sunday Only - $ 15 per person at the gate, there is no pre-registration rate for Sun only wristbands.

Camping

YES!! We will have on-site (bike only) camping.

No trailers and no RV’s. (Vendors may have whatever but it has to fit in their paid booth space (that is out of necessity). For there rest of us though --this is not a tow your **** in rally --or an RV convention. Don’t e-mail me and ask me where you can keep your trailer (seriously).

I have talked to one guy who is looking to start a temporary campground (not on the immediate grounds) for RV’s, trailers and chase vehicles. If I get any info on that I will have it posted on this site.

The will be a small charge for camping:

Arrive Thursday - $ 25 (all fees good through the remainder of the event)
Arrive Friday - $ 20
Arrive Sat - $ 15

Ya gotta take off Monday morning.

There are 4 showers right now. We will do what we can to get more.

No one under 18 is allowed on the fairgrounds for any reason. This policy will be strictly enforced. No pets are allowed.

We encourage anyone interested in choppers to attend. If you arrive on a Honda Goldwing or a Minivan you are still welcome. Parking is available but cars are not permitted on the fairgrounds (there is parking outside the fairgrounds).

Old 06-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Dlish
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just updated that the camping is sold out, I have my camping tickets already but the people i was riding with do not. still figuring out what next plan is, But ill be headin that way from philly

Old 06-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Puzzled
Banned

Dlish my riding bud is leaving from Philly. Since I'm in NE PA he heads up to Route 22 (Allentown) and I head down. We're running out to 81 to head down as opposed to the Route 95 corridor.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:17 AM
bluehwync
Intermediate

I'm heading over from the Boone NC area since it's only an hour away from me. I'm bringing a couple guys from work since they've never been and our local powdercoater, Brew Bikes, should be there as well. I've grown up in the southern NH area on Laconia Bike week but I sure enjoy being able to ride year round here and the Harley prices are much better. Already have 20,000 on my 06 flhti, gotta love it. Lots of great people here
&nbsp\\;
Scott
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-11-2008, 02:11 PM
cosmo glider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 506 Likes on 198 Posts

Yep, I'll be there.

Quick Reply: Smoke Out East