Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

MB Bike week info

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Hawgnuttz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MB Bike week info

Just got back and wanted to let those headed down on a few things I learned the weekend. I`ll try to post some positives. 1st the bad, Doghouse Beer served in cans $3,( most other places $2 - $2.75they advertise free BBQ but they dont have a permit was what I was told so no BBQ but you can order food.We stoppedat the Iron Gate (owned by Doghouse owners) A plate of french fries $10, Italian sausagesandwhich $9 ( beer 30 had the exact same sandwich for $4). Magoos we stopped here,which they have moved out to 501 across fromm the Hard rock park, very nice place now plenty of room and very clean place, any ways they had free hot dogs. Beer was $2.75, but what T`d me off with them was the waitress told us they had coupons ( 10 free wings) in a local advertisement magazine which they had 50 or more there, so we leave come back and everyone of them had been cut out with a pair of scissors, the waitress said someone took all of them to use later in the week and we would have to pay for them, I said its funny how the Doghouse was offering Free BBQ but they could not because no permit. Advertising crap just to get you in then they cant follow through on the OFFERS.

The Good, TD`s sports Bar and Grill. $1 Can Beer,Free Food, Discounts on other food ordered, Pool tables, all around nice place, 2 thumbs up, located on 17 in surfside beach, locatedin front of some big pottery store( cant remember the name).
HB`sLive musicwas ok still not the same but it was ok.
Swingbridge live music,was fun as usual.
Beaverbar $2 beer, crowed as usual, forgot this as a bad, If you know the owner you park free, otherwise it was $3 or $5 dont remember, Parking attendant said $ unless you know the owner this year $, I said yeah I know him, he laughs and says the owner is a woman, I say I know her too.. Any ways we get in free, just tell them you know the owner or you are a regular to the bar, he let us in on that anyways.
Beer 30 Live music, free food, it was good...
Time flys when your having fun, stopped at a few other places but nothing special to mention.
Friday not many people had showed up, Saturday it picked up quite a bit and people still rolling in today, I think the #`s are going to be down from years past..
My buddy and his wife went to HArd Rock to get their Hog Pins but they did not even have them this year, I forget what their excuse was but for those of you wanting your Hog Pin, Good Luck, He said he was going to complain but we shall if any thing comes of it ( doubtful unless they mail it to ya)...
I think we are going back down for the day Wednesday, and then back for the weekend weather permitting, Got soaked today own the way home, wind wasnt very friendly either... I think of anything alse I`ll report it later... Mike

Old 05-12-2008, 06:25 AM
richbrown3333
6th Gear
Default RE: MB Bike week info

Good info Hawgnutzz. I will print this out and take it with me. Our saddlebags will be full of can beer, so to hell with that $3can thing.Sneaking beersdoesnt work every time, but most of the time. We will be there tomorrow at lunch. Some of my group left saturday morning and reported back to all of us here in Boone. They say that the law is worse this year than they have ever seen. Rob went thru 2 license checks just on saturday. Also the TV down there says they are cracking down on speeding and loud pipes. He also said he saw more people stopped than ever before, about half were crotch rockets, but the other half were US... the harley loudpipes types. You folks be safe and the more info the better. Cheers. Rowdy.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:41 AM
glebo
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,095 Likes on 352 Posts

great info, are ya gonna try to make the meet and greet this sat?? The wife and I are gonna try to go down fri (weather permitting) and i want to get back down sat morn for the meet and greet. see ya

Old 05-12-2008, 12:53 PM
BLade1127
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: richbrown3333
They say that the law is worse this year than they have ever seen. Rob went thru 2 license checks just on saturday. Also the TV down there says they are cracking down on speeding and loud pipes. He also said he saw more people stopped than ever before, about half were crotch rockets, but the other half were US... the harley loudpipes types.
That is an understatement. We went down on Friday, came back Sunday. Their were cops everywhere, especially out in front of the HD delaer and down by Suck,Bang Blow. I myself saw about 40 people pulled over, but the majority of them were in cars.

We spent Friday night at The Rat Hole and Suck Bang Blow. Then spent Saturday night at Broadway at the Beach.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Billken
Novice

Just getting to leave from NJ. What state has the best beer prices? Va, NC, SC?

Old 05-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Hawgnuttz
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Billken

Just getting to leave from NJ. What state has the best beer prices? Va, NC, SC?
I`d say VA. Now everyone please move to VA ASAP LOL...... I have no ideal, but If you dont mind can Beer, while in MB, find TD`s sports Bar, $1 beer all week they said, oh and they had free food and food discounts ( Appitizers buy one get 2nd half off)... Its not far past MBHD,When you get to (surf side or surf city which ever it is)just passed a major intersection look on the right in a shopping center parking lot it`ll be there.
Bob I plan on driving back down Wed for the day and then back Sat. morning and come back Sunday, Not sure about the meet and greet yet but would like too... If you go Sat morning let me know we could ride together if leaving around the same time, weather permitting ( I drove home in the down pour Sunday, was miserable...Any suggestions on glasses or goggles that dont FOG up when riding in the Rain (Anyone?).
I noticed ther was not many people down this passed weekend, now thats not saying it was not crowded but it was not like the passed years, but there were still alot of people pulling in Sat and sunday as I was leaving, maybe everyone decided to come the last part of MB this year.
The Cops I did not notice any unusual behavior out of them, I did see a few cagers pulled over but no bikes..They are always at the major attractions for traffic control, the ones not there are out for the onesSHOWING OFF. Drive sensable and they will not bother you, Tease the cat and he will get ya, know what I mean... From what I saw plenty of hotel rooms available but this could have changed....Everyone please have fun and drive safe, I saw some of the cagers driving like idiots,one was riding my tail pisse dme off a tad so I let him know it so If you see a light blue colored BMW that is a rag top he may not like bikers at all now.. Mike

Old 05-12-2008, 05:30 PM
rickb
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Got back sunday late afternoon. Got there thursday evening. Had a great time. Enjoyed the rodeo at the rathole it does cost 5 to park there but you can spend an enjoyable afternoon there wacthing or partaking in the rodeo. As others had said seemed like alot less people there this year, but made the traffic less. Cops where there but I had no issues with them. Was at the SBB friday didn't really like the band Rebel Son not to my taste, was at Broadway at the Beach later on friday was ok. Thursday hit Studabakers and the Bowery had a great time at each. Saturday was at HB spokes not many venders??? or people Hoof & Fin,nice bands beaver bar was crowded, not much at the Dog north.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Hawgnuttz
Tourer

Maybe its just me but I have a problem with patronizing someone who wants to charge me for parking.....Just want do it, plenty of others who dont..what next no cameras unless you pay a camera fee,crap they make you feel as you have to pay to pee, I used one Sat. and when I opened the door I ran like hell, would have loved to seen their face . I beleive I `ll use my mobile cooler Sat..I`m sorry to rant but I just get tried of people trying to see how much they can get outta me.....They do a damn good job I might add . I`ll be back pockets loaded but I choose who gets it LOL...