Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Spring Myrtle Beach Bike Week Info

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 09:27 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Spring Myrtle Beach Bike Week Info

I've been going to MBBW for nearly 20 years and have never any real problems with the LEOs.

In South Carolina, you can drink on private property property line. (Not in Va....if you can be seen you are in public) So, basically, you can stand at the edge of the motel parking lot and drink all you want. You are good as long as you stay off the sidewalk. At any rate, where I am coming from is that this is the reason lots of people prefer to stay in the City of MB on Ocean Blvd. You can pull out a lawn chair, drink, and watch people cruise and do all of the things that come with cruising.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

ORIGINAL: huntray

Tony-P,
Great Avitar,
I'm also from the Johns Ck area. Are you riding or trailering to Myrtle Bch for 2008?
HuntRay.
HuntRay, I don't think I'll make Myrtle this year. I have Daytona and Angel City penciled in for March and April respectively. If it wasn't for my buds wanting to do Daytona, I would prefer Myrtle Beach. I don't think I'll have any cash left by May...

Old 01-26-2008, 10:46 AM
customsoftail200
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm now looking atstaying at Myrtlewood Villas. It's on a golf course, they say it's right by the HardRock.. Is that a better location??

Old 01-26-2008, 12:17 PM
huntray
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: customsoftail200

Are there good bars up there? I guess since I've never been, I'm not sure what it's all about there? IS there like a Main St. Daytona area? The Myrtle Beach Bike Week website sucks, in that it doesn't tell ya much... HELP?!?!?!
FYI...HB Spokes is a large biker bar on the north end (inland from Cherry Grove). Good bar, live music, venders, crowded, & burnouts around the clock.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:25 PM
huntray
Intermediate

I'm now looking atstaying at Myrtlewood Villas. It's on a golf course, they say it's right by the HardRock.. Is that a better location??
IMO, that's a great location. Easy to get to anything & Broadway @ the Beach (where HardRock is) is large attracion & where many of the builders/dealers set up.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:47 PM
customsoftail200
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds good, thanks everyone for your help!!! Maybe we can meet up for a couple cold ones and a few burnouts!!!

Old 01-26-2008, 09:18 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: huntray

Are there good bars up there? I guess since I've never been, I'm not sure what it's all about there? IS there like a Main St. Daytona area? The Myrtle Beach Bike Week website sucks, in that it doesn't tell ya much... HELP?!?!?!
FYI...HB Spokes is a large biker bar on the north end (inland from Cherry Grove). Good bar, live music, venders, crowded, & burnouts around the clock.

HB Spokes burned down. They may not be built back by May.

http://www.hbspokes.com/

Old 01-27-2008, 09:44 AM
huntray
Intermediate

Wow! Didn't know that.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Hawgnuttz
Tourer

According to their website they will be rebuilt by then (spring). We plan on going their since it burned last year, it should be one of the best places to hang out this year..btw I was there the last day(sunday) it was opened had a great band playing, woke up next morning to hear the news....

Old 01-27-2008, 05:52 PM
WORKD4IT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man... I can't wait! Made it to the Fall rally and had a blast. SBB was freaking awsome. If you want to take a nice ride you could always get back on HWY 17 and spend the day here in Charleston. Won't be long now fellas and ladies!![sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=biker.gif][sm=biker.gif][sm=biker.gif]

Quick Reply: Spring Myrtle Beach Bike Week Info