Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Bike Week 65 @ Dattona Beach??

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Jonpaul
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike Week 65 @ Dattona Beach??

Is it worth riding from Arizona to attend "Bike Week?" I've been to most rallys (Sturgis, several times), but have never been to Dattona Beach. I hate to drive the almost 2200-miles on freeways if this event is not great. What do you think?

Old 12-16-2005, 07:20 PM
brianseay
Tourer
Default RE: Bike Week 65 @ Dattona Beach??

I have been to Daytona Bikeweeks and Biketoberfest in the fall. My opinion, I like Biketoberfest better. Seems to be better weather and the crowd is not as big. I liked Daytona at 1st, but seems like every year the police are getting worse. Main st. used to be a fun place to hang out, now you can't spit on the sidewalk without hitting a cop. I guess though, if you have never been it is worth going at least once so that you can make your own mind up.

Old 12-20-2005, 03:08 AM
agentjmw
Intermediate

Its more of the drink beer, ride 2 miles to hit the famous bars till you get loopy, go back to room, wake up, repeat.
Where Sturgis is the lets ride and see this ect. JMHO...

Old 12-27-2005, 10:31 PM
Guard Bum
Advanced

I definetely agree that Biktoberfest was more enjoyable than Bikeweek. The weather is a factor, but the crowds are an even bigger factor. The vendor set-ups were pretty good, main street is pretty happening, but like most other rally's I've attended (never been to Sturgis yet), it's a lot of cool bikes, some scantilly clad ladies, and lots of cold beer and friends. I didn't see any issue with the Local law enforcement folks. Only saw three bikes pulled over all week - all crotch rockets showing the a$$.

New Smryna H-D has a good set-up with alot of activities (bands, etc,) just south of Daytona and Flagler Beach is a nice ride north of Daytona.

I plan to make Biketoberfest an annual event because it's a great time to get together with some old friends I don't get to see but once a year. I probably won't go back to Bike week after this year.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-27-2005, 11:13 PM
SKJOLD
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a blast at Biketoberfest. I have never been to Sturgis so I can not really compare the two.

Old 01-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Tim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Man that is a long ride with weather to consider also. A lot of people hate trailering...... Tim

Old 01-02-2006, 07:41 PM
streetglide#1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live about 45 mi. south of Daytona so I go to both. As far as the WOW factor Sturgis has them beat. But there is still a ton to do here I.E. the races,concerts,parties,senic rides,and the ever popular "I've been to Daytona" thing. Come on out and have fun,it's worth it at least once!

Old 01-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Jock !!!
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Jonpaul

Is it worth riding from Arizona to attend "Bike Week?" I've been to most rallys (Sturgis, several times), but have never been to Dattona Beach. I hate to drive the almost 2200-miles on freeways if this event is not great. What do you think?
Jonpaul,

Having attended Daytona's Bike Week and Biketoberfest for a large number of years, I have some questions prior to posting any repsonse.

1) What is the primary reason for your possible attendance?
- Riding
- Vendor Review
- Have A Good Time, Any Way I Define It
- To Say I Have Been There
- Take In The "Daytona Bike Week" Experience
- People/Bike Review
- Any and All Other Possibilities

2) What is your opinion regarding lodging expense, if you plan to stay in an hotel?
- I have a fixed budget
- I am not willing to pay over $125/night for a minimum of 3 nights
- I am willing to stay over 60 miles away from Daytona Beach with No Night minimums

3) Do you enjoy large crowds - while riding, drinking, eating and/or otherwise?
- Yes
- No
- Does not matter

Of course there are numerous more reasons to consider, however may point is to have YOUR mind thinking of these matters.

Others contained within this site will have you thinkin' too...No matter YOUR decision, Take comfort in there will always be a next year for this event if you can attend.

Old 02-23-2006, 11:15 PM
hogvibrator
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

JUST GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-24-2006, 03:52 PM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Daytona is a good party. On the weekends it becomes a spring break for the college kids and their knee draggers. Plus side their girl friends wear very little clothes!! I like the first weekend then stay to about Wed. After that the crowds bring the city to grid lock.

Quick Reply: Bike Week 65 @ Dattona Beach??