Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Anyone back from Myrtle Beach?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Amy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Anyone back from Myrtle Beach?

ORIGINAL: TattoodCaptain

ORIGINAL: Amy

It can be a hassle, and they can go a little OVERBOARD .......but Iam glad they are doing what they do. The sound thing isn't that big of a deal to me but the crazy idiots who try to do a stunt show in traffic or drive skunk drunk....or those who have stolen someones bikes. Well thank God they are there.
There was NO fatalites this year and so far none of the forum members have reported saying they got their bikes stolen. So we all went... had fun ...then came home safe and with our bikes so...it seems to me to have been worth it.
We know the rules.....if you decide to break them .......well then it's on you.
I am in NO WAY a fan of LEO's, but that's another issue altogether. I can see if I was speeding, doing burnouts or gunning the hell outta my throttle, sure, give me a ticket. These cops were having a good time writing these tickets. One startedexplaining proper parking procedures to me. I politely told him I already have a ticketso I don't have to listen to your f***ing lecture.[sm=icon_blah.gif]
OMG what did he say after that one? I bet he was a little ticked.....and he couldn't do a thing about it.
I will have to agree...the HC parking ticket ....well that was a little much. If you had of parked in the entire spot it would be one trhing but just hanging over the line...that's to much.
I know while Tankerwyf and all us were sitting on the street. Her husband moved my chair back off of the actual sidewalk and said they will fine you if you are anywhere near or on the sidewalk while drinking. I wasn't drinking but I sure wasn't going to ruin it for those who were.

During the spring rally... Mark and I were behind a SUV and I notcied that they kept rolling the windows up and down on the passenger side. After watching them for the 30 mintues that we got stuck behind them....we noticed that they were taking pics of bikes and tags and running them right there where they were. It looked like a mini stationinside that thing.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:23 PM
TattoodCaptain
Road Warrior
Received 951 Likes on 399 Posts

It can be a hassle, and they can go a little OVERBOARD .......but Iam glad they are doing what they do. The sound thing isn't that big of a deal to me but the crazy idiots who try to do a stunt show in traffic or drive skunk drunk....or those who have stolen someones bikes. Well thank God they are there.
There was NO fatalites this year and so far none of the forum members have reported saying they got their bikes stolen. So we all went... had fun ...then came home safe and with our bikes so...it seems to me to have been worth it.
I am in NO WAY a fan of LEO's, but that's another issue altogether. I can see if I was speeding, doing burnouts or gunning the hell outta my throttle, sure, give me a ticket. These cops were having a good time writing these tickets. One startedexplaining proper parking procedures to me. I politely told him I already have a ticketso I don't have to listen to your f***ing lecture.[sm=icon_blah.gif]
OMG what did he say after that one? I bet he was a little ticked.....and he couldn't do a thing about it.
I will have to agree...the HC parking ticket ....well that was a little much. If you had of parked in the entire spot it would be one trhing but just hanging over the line...that's to much.
I know while Tankerwyf and all us were sitting on the street. Her husband moved my chair back off of the actual sidewalk and said they will fine you if you are anywhere near or on the sidewalk while drinking. I wasn't drinking but I sure wasn't going to ruin it for those who were.

During the spring rally... Mark and I were behind a SUV and I notcied that they kept rolling the windows up and down on the passenger side. After watching them for the 30 mintues that we got stuck behind them....we noticed that they were taking pics of bikes and tags and running them right there where they were. It looked like a mini stationinside that thing.
He didn't say anything, justwent back to scribbling tickets.I'm sure he's heard it before anyway, LOL! The one good thing I got was anfunny pic of me, taking a fake squirt on the MBPD's Law Enforcement sign on their front lawn.[sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Old 10-11-2007, 09:39 PM
tankerwyf
Banned Camp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Rhodenjr

Actually there were 2 fatalities on 501 coming in to town. I didn't get all the details, but they were riding together in traffic, and it involved a number of vehicles. The riders were from Virginia, one of which was a Patriot Guard Rider.

http://www.patriotguard.org/ALLForum...c/Default.aspx
We heard about this on the news the night it happened. I guess authorities aren't considering them fatalities as part of the rally because they occurred on the way.

I'm honestly shocked that nobody was killed Friday night. When we were on our way back to the hotel in the freakin' rain, they had a good part of Business 17 blocked off and we had to take a detour. We heard there were two separate accidents involving two bikes and two cages. I don't know how they were involved, though...haven't been able to find anything yet. I half expected to hear of fatalities related to those, but I guess not.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:46 PM
tankerwyf
Banned Camp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amy, that was a tip we picked up from somebody while we were there during the week...can't really remember who right now. Seems like if you're on the sidewalk, you're considered to be on public property, which violates MB's policy, as it was printed in one of those things we were given one day while we were there. As long as we were off the sidewalk, in the parking lot, we were on private property, so "safe." And I know you weren't drinking, and it was very sweet of you to be concerned about ruining everybody else's fun! That was our last night there, and we had some beer to drink...didn't wanna load it up and take it home! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

It's crazy some of the things the LEO's were apparently doing down there! You know, I understand running plates and stuff if somebody's doing something wrong. But running plates just because somebody's on a bike? Sorry, I think that's pretty much out there.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:12 AM
Still running
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So should we be looking for our tickets in the mail ?

Old 10-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Critter174
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes any day now