Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Next Saturday/Sunday Morrow Mountain?????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007 | 03:00 PM
vicks96
|
Tourer
Default Next Saturday/Sunday Morrow Mountain?????????

Wanna ride to Morrow Mountain next weekend either day from central NC??? Sept 15 or 16? Ive got a scenic route from Pittsboro to MM. Takes about 2(approx) hours.

Old 09-10-2007 | 06:19 PM
Dragon919!
Cruiser
Default RE: Next Saturday/Sunday Morrow Mountain?????????

Gotta pass That call thing[:'(]I'm sure you'll be smok'in with out me!

Old 09-10-2007 | 08:16 PM
TurkeyRun
Road Warrior
Veteran: Navy

Love to, but work has me out of town [:@]

Old 09-10-2007 | 09:11 PM
Dragon919!
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: TurkeyRun

Love to, but work has me out of town [:@]
Hows Utah? Got another wife yet?[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 09-13-2007 | 08:30 PM
Snort
Road Captain

I have a few good routes to get TO Morrow Mtn, but once there it's up the hill, sit for a few minutes and then down the hill. I know everything west of there but no real local roads that are any good. Are there any?

Old 09-14-2007 | 06:51 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member

I'd love to go on this ride but the wife and I are leaving this afternoon for Myrtle Beach, wedding anniversray trip ( 33 years ).

We rode to Morrow Mtn. back in January and took some nice roads on the return trip. I'd have to look at the map but there are some nice routes you can take that go through the countryside. We also discovered a great little place in New London to get a sandwich on the trip I'll have to catch up with everyone on the next trip to MM.

Old 09-14-2007 | 10:03 AM
vicks96
|
Tourer

I meet the fellas either around Sanford or highway 42 and we ride down to Robbins then to Star and on to Troy and get on 109 to Uwharrie and then River road to 24/27 and on to MM. All country and LOTS of curves. Hit the usual watering holes for drinks/snacks. Then up to Badin then New London and north on 49 and right on 109 cross country to Ophir, Seagrove, back to Robbins and then home. Very scenic and good roads and a good loop without too much backtrackin. Probably out of the way for you guys near Charlotte but maybe we can meet one day and do a Tour-de-Morrow. Check out any Moore and Randolph county maps and you will see MANY good rides. The NC Atlas and Gazeteer is my source for ridin roads, available at any local Wallyworld. Plus just gettin out and seeing where that road goes.

Old 09-14-2007 | 10:12 AM
vicks96
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Neckball

I'd love to go on this ride but the wife and I are leaving this afternoon for Myrtle Beach, wedding anniversray trip ( 33 years ).

We rode to Morrow Mtn. back in January and took some nice roads on the return trip. I'd have to look at the map but there are some nice routes you can take that go through the countryside. We also discovered a great little place in New London to get a sandwich on the trip I'll have to catch up with everyone on the next trip to MM.

Know the name of the samich shop in New London? Im always lookin for a good stop to eat at. I didnt get to 285 by eatin salad and drinkin water.

CONGRATS on the anniversary Neckball. Many more to yall.

Old 09-14-2007 | 10:38 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member

Know the name of the samich shop in New London? Im always lookin for a good stop to eat at. I didnt get to 285 by eatin salad and drinkin water.

CONGRATS on the anniversary Neckball. Many more to yall.
Man, I'm trying to remember. We went into New London from Albemarle and turned right at a red light, restaurant was on the right. We went back the other direction to go to Morrow Mtn. It's a tiny place, long, narrow building with the grill on the left side of the room and the booths and tables on the right. One guy we were ridng with ordered a BLT and it was served with round bacon. That was a first for me, he said it was a good sandwich. I've got a picture of us standing in front of the restaurant at home somewhere, you should be able to see the name on the sign. It will be Monday evening before I can dig it out to post though.

Old 09-17-2007 | 11:48 AM
Dragon919!
Cruiser

Did you ride Vicks?

Quick Reply: Next Saturday/Sunday Morrow Mountain?????????